By PF2K on Feb 22, 2020 at 11:39 AM
  1. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

Header_-_DevUpdate_2020-02-22.png
    Hello there Celeste players!

As you might have noticed, this is not a Roman blog! Instead, we are going to showcase the upcoming patch's new features and changes.

Without further ado, let's just dive right into the details:

Quick Play Menu
    ================
    QuickPlay_UI_Showcase.png
    One of the most complex things in Age of Empires Online (particularly for new players) is all the various game modes in the game being spread out in different regions. For most of us veterans knowing which game mode is located where isn't all that difficult, but for newer players, this can become really confusing really fast. The main purpose of this new interface is unifying all of those game modes into one, easily accessible menu so that you can access any game mode at any time, from any region.

Quickplay_Tooltips.png
    More details will be revealed when the patch goes live, but with this new interface, playing your favorite game mode (alone of with friends) is going to be easier than ever!

New Sparta Exclusive Vanity Sets
    ==============================
    Hades_Vanity_Set.png
    Heroic_Gallic_Vanity_Set.png
    PvE players aren't the only ones getting new goodies to play with in the upcoming patch! Soon you will be able to purchase two all new Vanity gear sets in Sparta (you can earn Sparta Points by playing PvP matches in Sparta - Winning or losing does not matter! You will still get Sparta Points regardless of winning or losing, so long as you play a normal game of PvP on the Ranked ladder). you can find these two new sets in the Spartan Special Store, in the same place that you can currently buy the Heroic Spartan Vanity set.

Remember, playing PvP games in Sparta does not require you to be leveled up or to have any kind of gear! All Ranked matches in Sparta are played in Champion Mode, where your level does not matter and Gear is only for visuals.

(PF2K's personal note: Big thanks to @Chaos for helping me turn these gears into in-game models. I wouldn't have been able to make it all happen without his help!)

The Hades Set is aimed mostly for players who have Legendary gear on their units, while the Heroic Gallic Set is most suitable for all of you golden gear lovers who have Epic gear on their units.

Capital City Vanity Item Currency Change
    =====================================
    Vanity_Island_Stores.png
    As one of the most requested changes by our players, we have decided to change the currency in which Capital City Vanity Decorations are sold in Vanity Island.

More details will be revealed when the patch is live, but the graphic above should give you a nice preview of what is to come!

Complete Brazilian Portuguese Language Support
    ============================================

pt-BR_Support.png
    Thanks to @MatrixSoft 's outstanding efforts, we are very excited to tell you that starting from next patch, the entire game is going to be available in the Brazilian Portuguese language!

Changing the game's language to pt-BR is going to be made available in the launcher in the upcoming patch.

Skip Quest Button
    =================
    Have you reached level 40 on most (or all) of your civilizations? Are you tired of playing through the 12 Kingdoms questline for the 6th (and soon, 7th!) time in a row just to be able to play the Legendary Quests? Are you sitting on a huge bank of Empire Points and don't know what to do with it? We've got you covered!

Read the graphic below for complete details on how this mechanic is going to work.

Skip_Button_Explanation.png
    (Remember that this only works on Level 40 civilizations. This does not mean that if you have one Level 40 civilization, you can skip quests on your other non-level-40 civilizations.)

Quest Finetuning and Adjustments
    ================================
    Here at the Project Celeste team, one of our strongest beliefs is that whatever content gets added to the game has to be (at the very least) on par with existing content in the game. This includes going back and fixing previously released content that may have slipped through our fingers in the past and making sure that they are all up to our standards.

Some of the noteworthy changes to previous quests are fixes to the difficulty settings of the Incursion Quests (the starting Quests of the Athens Questline) and improving the layouts of some older Celeste Quests to either make gameplay more enjoyable or to fix possible exploits and ensuring a fun and fair field of competition for all players.

What's next?
    =============
    Believe it or not, this is not the only thing we have in store for you! In addition to all of the things mentioned earlier in the blog, we have a lot of other content coming up:

Future_Content.png
    (PF2K's personal note: Yes, the Romans too! Duh)
    As a quick update on the Roman civilization's progress:

Playtesting is still underway and we are getting ever closer to being able to make the Romans ready for release. We will let you guys know of all the latest news about them, when we have news to share.

========
    Thank you so much for reading, and we will see you all next time!
    Project Celeste Development Team

What do you think about this week's blog? What would you like to see next? Let us know in the comments below!

========
    Missed the Roman Civilization's announcement? Find out about it HERE.

Project Celeste is completely free and always will be. However, we gladly accept donations for our overhead costs, which are larger than we have budgeted. If you want to support us, you can do so HERE.

Read every Romans related blog HERE.

Tell your friends! Join our Discord HERE.
    ========

#1 PF2K, Feb 22, 2020 at 11:39 AM
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Developer Update 2020
    1. PF2K
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. PF2K
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. PF2K
      Replies:
      Views:
    4. PF2K
      Replies:
      Views:
    5. PF2K
      Replies:
      Views:

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by PF2K, Feb 22, 2020.

1. bmsk

bmsk Villager

Yet again, the celesta team proves to be a much better job than the original team.

Keep up the good work and thanks for your efforts.

lambdaviking, Aman, Pharos and 3 others like this.
    2. NemesisQs

NemesisQs Villager

3. BOSAIF

BOSAIF Spearman

I don't know how to express my gratitude, you guys are fantastic! keep it up :)

lambdaviking likes this.
    4. CrimsonCantab

CrimsonCantab Berserker

I personally don't like comparative statements like this. Project Celeste would not have been possible without the original dev team (of which there were actually 2 dev teams). But I digress.

It certainly must be said that the Celeste team continues to blow my socks off. Well done, these are exciting updates!

lambdaviking and Andy P XIII like this.
    5. Uridium

Uridium Spearman

Very nice update
      Turkish language support please :)

6. Pharos

Pharos Champion

new vanity looks awesome! Gallic looks lil bit epic tho Lenendary would be much cooler imo :cool::oops:

and many thanks for skip button!!!

Aman and Andy P XIII like this.
    7. kyogo

kyogo Long Swordsman

All Amazing, thanks guys for hear the community suggestion!

lambdaviking likes this.
    8. Fraxure022

Fraxure022 Berserker

I can’t believe y’all have convinced me to play PvP. I love that Hades set, I was asking for something like that not too long ago. So cool.

TheSpaniard, NCSGeek and Andy P XIII like this.
    9. Skycrane09

Skycrane09 Villager

This all looks great! And thanks for some attention to the incursion quests too!

10. RASPUTINPRIME

RASPUTINPRIME Champion

Another great blog post as we get one week closer to the Romans. There is so much to be excited for.

Andy P XIII likes this.
    11. knolu2252

knolu2252 Villager

Oh my... I love you guys for giving us skip quest ability.

Andy P XIII likes this.
    12. Aaron

Aaron Berserker

Just wondering which quests are going to be touched? I have some candidate in mind, wondering whether the devs are thinking the same.

13. Unknown Maniac

Unknown Maniac Berserker

Good news everyone, incursions can be skipped from the next patch.

Hawkster and bbgambini like this.
    14. MatrixSoft

MatrixSoft Champion

So much cool stuff is coming, new vanity sets, decoration of the capital by coins, my language in the game, adjusted missions, and one of the coolest things announced is the possibility to skip missions already done exhaustively on other civs. Simply amazing, this team does not rest. congratulations to all

#15 MatrixSoft, Feb 22, 2020 at 11:47 PM
      Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
      BOSAIF, bbgambini and Andy P XIII like this.
    15. Hawkster

Hawkster Champion

Thank you SO MUCH about the skipping questline... I am so tired of doing non-repeatable quests for many times again and again just for leveling up my new civilizations and to unlock new legendary quests...

Yes, I'm excited to see the new contents of the new patch, but...um... when are you guys going to patch it??? I know there are many things to do about Roman civilization right now... just wondering when it'll be patch.

BOSAIF and bbgambini like this.
    16. bbgambini

bbgambini Hippikon

*slow claps*

These updates are great!! Some are well needed and others are great additions!! I looking forward to all the great things coming to us in 2020...and do players remember that all this is FREE!!

Great job and cheers to everyone involved from mods on twitch, discord, forum insiders, balance team, devs, artists, research team, play testing, funding, maintenance, casters, streamers, even the guy who lurks in the back, awesome job guys!!

TheSpaniard, Hawkster and Andy P XIII like this.
    17. MrStarSky

MrStarSky Villager

感谢大佬们的贡献,同时剧透一下:完整的中文版本也在翻译中了~

18. TheSpaniard

TheSpaniard Berserker

It seems so simple, but I think one of the most important things, if not most important, is the "Play" menu where players can access all game modes in one place, from anywhere. While we all love our community, we should also want new people to come in and get involved too. And one thing that was tough for new people is just figuring out how to play classic Age of Empires, whether it is Player vs. Player or Player vs. AI. So that is incredibly huge.

And that's not to diminish anything else mentioned. As we can see from the comments, it looks like the skip feature was DESPERATELY needed for our PvE guys haha. And those vanity sets... Magnificent!

Point of clarification: am I to read this as all of this content being pushed out together, as in the items listed as well as the new quest pack and Bahram's lottery... AND Romans--all in one patch?

That's gonna be a big @$$ patch! We HAVE to celebrate with a patch day stream for what seems to be the biggest update in Project Celeste history.

rtsgamer and PF2K like this.
    19. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
      Staff Member Administrator

Nope, this update is going live very, very soon. Like, "this week" soon!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice