Hello there Celeste players! We are back again with another Developer Update blog.
Here, we are going to spotlight a few of the important changes that have been applied to the game, alongside some updates regarding the Roman civilization campaign and a letter of gratitude towards the community, for the yearly donation goal of 2019.
Quality of Life ChangesPriestess of Ra can now equip Vanity Staffs. This is one of the things that felt missing from the original game, so we went ahead and gave her a Vanity Staff slot. Who doesn't want huge elephant scepters on their Priestesses? We sure do!
A common question among many new players is "Why can I not repack some of my warehouses? It looks like every other warehouse in my capital city!"
Despite having identical looks and names, some 16-slot and 20-slot warehouses are given to players for free upon starting a new civilization. These warehouses are locked to their capital cities, meaning that they are always applied to that civilization and cannot be repacked and replaced with other warehouses. But new players have no way of knowing this, so we added tooltips for all of these warehouses to reduce the confusion and frustration.
These are very small parts of our plans to enhancing the new player experience. Stay tuned for more updates like this in future blogs!
(PF2K's Personal Note: What other things have confused you as a new player? Let me know in the comments below!)
Celt and Norse BuffsIn addition to these changes, two other Celtic buffs have been applied, which are as follows:
- Celtic Call to Arms Tech: Now increases Villagers' Damage by 250%, from 150%.
- Developer Comment: While a pretty cool upgrade on paper, we felt like the damage increase given to the Villagers didn't quite feel powerful enough. While this upgrade is still a "gimmicky" upgrade by design, it should now at least feel a little better to use.
- Celtic Gold Mine: Builder Limit and Maximum Villager Contained Count increased to 20, from 10.
- Developer Comment: One of the more annoying things about the Celtic Gold Mine is that when you send a large group of Villagers to build it, many of them won't be able to participate in the construction or mining from the Gold Mine itself. This change should help address that.
Advisor Buffs and ReworksWhile the 3rd set of Legendary Advisors have been mostly a success, this one stood out and the feedback we got from players indicated that the power level of Grand Engineer Themistokles wasn't quite on par with the rest of the Legendary Advisors, so we went ahead and gave him a little love. He should be a fierce competitor for Bolt-Carrier Seleucus now!
Full details regarding this change can be found HERE. Thanks to everyone who participated!
Roman Campaign Quest SpotlightsAs you already know, the Romans are going to have a full Campaign upon release. We are still working on their Quests but we'd like to show you spotlights from some of the more unique Quests that you will see when playing the Roman Campaign!
One of the things that we have previously mentioned (on streams, discord and other places) is that the Roman Main Campaign will allow co-op throughout every single Quest. This is something that the other 3 Campaigns lack (Greeks, Egyptians and Celts.)
In many cases, you have times where one Quest can be played in co-op mode, then the next one can't, and so on. We feel like this sometimes creates moments when you cannot play with your partner where one has to wait for the other to finish, creating gaps in co-op gameplay.
This will be done in multiple ways:
- Method 1: In "standard" Quests, Player 2 will simply have a base just like the main player and will play along.
- Method 2: In Quests where there is a pre-set group of Units/Buildings for Player 1 (such as "Death From Above" and "On Your High Horse", Player 2 will either get the same set of Units/Buildings for himself, or some of Player 1's will be given to them.
- This provides for design challenges when creating the Quests because unlike Player 1, Player 2 can be from any civilization. So you could, for example, play as the Persians whilst still playing the Roman campaign Quests with your partner. We realize that this means that your Units won't have any gear whilst playing in these types of Quests, but we think that being able to play them together with your friend has higher priority.
2019 Donation GoalWe want to thank you all for the donation support throughout the year.
In total we have collected $3,670 which is 122% of our yearly goal of $3,000.
This allows us to fund both the public and the private server for a whole year and any additional services we need to run Project Celeste, which wouldn't be possible without your support.
You can find a list of the top Donations HERE and HERE. Thank you so much, you're all heroes!
(PF2K's Personal Note: I would also like to thank everyone who has supported the PvP scene throughout the year. We couldn't have organized the tournaments that we have without your help! You can find a list of all donations towards the PvP scene in the information channel of the PvP Discord.)
All current and future content will stay 100% free and accessible to everyone.
In order to save development time for the Romans, the Weekly Blogs will be posted once every two weeks from now on (unless something special comes up).
Thank you so much for reading, and we will see you all next time!
Project Celeste Development Team
What do you think about this week's blog? What would you like to see next? Let us know in the comments below!
Missed the Roman Civilization's announcement? Find out about it HERE.
Project Celeste is completely free and always will be. However, we gladly accept donations for our overhead costs, which are larger than we have budgeted. If you want to support us, you can do so HERE.
Read every Romans related blog HERE.
Tell your friends! Join our Discord HERE.
By PF2K on May 2, 2020 at 12:18 PM
- Similar Threads - Developer Update 2020