Best loot from legendary quests.

Discussion in 'PvE General Discussion' started by ABullishBear, Nov 16, 2019.

1. ABullishBear

ABullishBear Woad Raider

Out of every available legendary quest(no event legendaries), which ones do you feel either:
    A: have the best loot valuewise
    B: provide the most chests (for the least effort)
    C: are most enjoyable(optional).

If the legendary quest requires a questline to be completed in advance, please include that if possible.

...ReignOfRagnarok likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Mad Medians in Mesopotamia is a 6 day repeatable quest in Babylon. It probably offers you the most chests for least effort. It is also on the Celeste loot table (best chances for Celeste added gear) Nothing to unlock.

Legendary Recapturing Marion is a 6 day repeatable offing great rewards in Cyprus. It is on the Classic loot table (best chances for classic legendary pieces, but Celeste added still possible.) It is also relatively easy, especially co op. This quest requires you to beat Defense of Arsinoe, and the 12 kingdoms to do.
    As far as the others, play the ones you can beat and like. Remember that Celeste added quests give highest chances for Celeste loot, original legendary quests have higher chance for Original loot.
    Hope that helps to get you started.
    Also, as long as you get all optionals, alliance quests can possibly drop legendary gear, are really easy, and tend to reward a ton of coin, and empire points.

4. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

Leg imposs Cat and Leg Breaking Bandits have to be the easiest Leg quests as I can solo them with ease and I have a dexterity prob with both hands LoL. Legendary Recapturing Marion is next best, Leg rescue me , Pathos then the one where you start off with a priest
    not sure about chests ,

5. musictopia2

musictopia2 Woad Raider

I would say the new oasis navy map is the easiest one with the greatest reward as long as you don't worry about the optional for killing the elite ships on time.

ABullishBear likes this.
  6. Aaron

Aaron Berserker

I wonder why Village of Sais doesn’t get mentioned (for ease). You don’t get attacked, and you start with a ton of resource for booming. The cool down is 12 hours so you have lots of practice even if you can’t get the optional the first few times.

7. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

I don't recall that one ??? where is it please

8. Aaron

Aaron Berserker

Rhakotis. The optional timer is somewhat tight, but you don't get attacked at all until ~10 min at least. The ease of the optional might depend on civ though. Eles suck at killing the boss, for example.

9. musictopia2

musictopia2 Woad Raider

sais does not get mentioned because you only get 1000 coin and 20 empire points. not very efficient. I played once solo and took me nearly 3 hours to complete. The oasis one took me 45 minutes to 65 minutes to complete. Therefore, oasis is much more efficient than sais. Even opis is more efficient which can be completed in average of 50 minutes if you don't bother with destroying the 4 barracks on time.

10. ...ReignOfRagnarok

Okay, so, I'm 37 and have been computer gaming since... well, PC's were invented... and I still don't understand half of the gamespeak that is spouted out. I'm also new to Celeste (though old to AoEO).

That being said... first, please translate "Classic loot table" and "Celeste loot table." Are these in a forum, as a spreadsheet? Or are they just figures of speech that you just clarified in your third paragraph regarding chances?

Second, please refresh my memory as to which quests are "alliance quests"...

Third, maybe it's my disabilities, but could we also post quest names in quotation marks so that we can all follow along? The streams of consciousness are worse than a Faulkner or Salinger novel...

Exclusive0r likes this.
  11. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Classic loot table contains items that are native to old aoeo only. (The pieces you are familiar with)
    Celeste loot table are the new items that have been added by Celeste since the games resurrection.
    Alliance quests are the quests found in the three Alliance capitals
    Delos
    Carthage
    Frafrafarafrarararia oasis.

12. Fraxure022

Fraxure022 Berserker

I would like to see a reference clarifying what is AoEO original gear and what is specific Celeste gear. Most people do not have the original loot table memorized, I would imagine.

13. ...ReignOfRagnarok

Thank you. I thought that was what you meant, but I wanted to clarify. Ha @ Frafrafarafrarararia :p

14. Aaron

Aaron Berserker

How did Sais take you 3 hours? The optional is basically to kill everything in 20 minutes. It takes me less than 25 with treasure guardians. For 5 quest chests this is pretty good. It’s easier than Paphos or Soloi if you ask me. The fact that you are not harassed meant you can build 4 markets and 3 TCs and crazy boom and churn out berserkers.

Though, having said that, I would say Mad Median still has better rewards. Too bad it's on a 6 day timer, and not all my civs are good enough to solo legendaries, so I can't do 1 Mad Median a day.

#13 Aaron, Dec 2, 2019 at 2:44 AM
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  15. musictopia2

musictopia2 Woad Raider

Mad median is better reward. All the ones with better rewards are 6 day. That is only fair. However, that one is much harder because its a timed quest for the main objective. If it was not for that, would have been a not too bad quest. However, the timer makes it much harder.

16. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

For me loot / gear is only part of the game, a bad strategy with top of the range gear will only take longer to find out how bad the strat is or scrape through with a win , if it was only gear to beat legs .... and beat always , well I might feel good for a couple of days ... but then ....
    Just saying like :):):)
    For example here in the hospital I can'T co op ... but I can solo most if not all of the trad legs ... but only sometimes .... Elite I slam them all every time ... so i do few elites ... then try the legs ... losing is not going to kill me ... LoL
    But i want to get out of here to co op ....
    hope this makes sense

17. musictopia2

musictopia2 Woad Raider

The problem is if you spend lots of time on a quest and lose, then you wasted all that time. However, if you do a quest you know you can win easily, then its more efficient to get gear, coin and empire points.

Slyrevick likes this.
  18. Pipinghot

Pipinghot Woad Raider

So you were born in 1982 but you've been computer gaming since 1976. That's quite a feat, are you a time traveling warlock? ;)

#17 Pipinghot, Dec 3, 2019 at 7:02 AM
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  19. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

My oldest Son was legit destroying WII games at 2. :tearsofjoy: it is not out of the realm of possibility.

20. ABullishBear

ABullishBear Woad Raider

I'd like to thank everyone who participated, there have been some great responses :D
    @Exclusive0r I hope you overcome whatever has you in the hospital asap.

Feel free to continue the discussion ofcourse ^^

Exclusive0r likes this.
  21. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

Thanks .... appreciated :):)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice