Milestones - Resource Trickle Question

Discussion in 'PvE General Discussion' started by Alzerus, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Alzerus

Alzerus Champion

If one decides to choose one of the Milestones that gives a resource trickle, eg; Persian lvl 30 Taxes (Small Trickle Gold 0.75 Gold p/sec) or Egypt lvl 40 Prosperity (Grants a small trickle of 0.25 Food, Wood, Gold, and Stone p/sec), will that Milestone auto fail any mission that that has a secondary objective of Accumulate No Gold/Stone etc?

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Milestones Resource Trickle
    1. PF2K
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Aryzel
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. alex5ale
      Replies:
      Views:
    4. Yomi
      Replies:
      Views:
    5. numemon
      Replies:
      Views:

3. musictopia2

musictopia2 Woad Raider

I can tell you for a fact that if you chose that milestone and had the mission for gather no stone, they actually disable the tech. So on that quest, it would be best to not choose it from other civs. Of course for the civ that has it, too bad in that case. Otherwise, a person would have automatically fail it.

Alzerus likes this.
  4. Kenji03

Kenji03 Berserker

What missions have that requirement? I have those techs so I can test it.

5. Alzerus

Alzerus Champion

Atm, I can only find 2 missions with Gather No Stone Optional; Both available from the Argos Captain
    1. Legendary Breaking Bandits
    2. Left with No Choice (Maybe a leveling quest)

I remember these optionals being an issues in the original AoEO, so thought I'd ask here just in case and I also thought there was another quest with a Gather No Gold optional but I have not completed a few quest lines so can't find yet.

I decided against choosing any of these Milestones anyway just in case, but since I started this thread, Celeste have introduced and applied a Milestone Reset option which is great, so in any case it will not matter, but only after after a spend of 1000 EP per civ to change Milestones.

But since you offered to test, it would be great to know for sure if the these optionals are a mission failure if taken on a civ that has the direct Milestone or even on an Empire Milestone that has it chosen from another civ. Thanks Kenji03

6. musictopia2

musictopia2 Woad Raider

I've played those quests before with the milestones and i can say for sure that you don't fail the optional. However, it also disables the tech too. The global function for gather no stone if somebody chooses in the quest file disables the milestones for everything that would get those resources and cause somebody to fail the mission.

Kenji03 and Alzerus like this.
  7. Alzerus

Alzerus Champion

Ok. Thank you for that info.

8. musictopia2

musictopia2 Woad Raider

If you want proof in the code, i can send you the code that would prove it. There are references in a few places including the quest file which shows the optional challenge.

9. Kenji03

Kenji03 Berserker

The milestones make playing those "City Defense" maps a breeze, as you end up with way more gold than those maps were balanced for because of it.

Happy to, I am curious myself now that you mention it

10. Couldn'tCareLess

Couldn'tCareLess Long Swordsman

That regards only what your Villagers farm.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice