Elite meet in Crete problem!!!

Discussion in 'PvE Tips & Tutorials' started by alex5ale, May 31, 2019.

1. alex5ale

alex5ale Woad Raider

Good morning everyone! In the last week I’m trying to solo elite meet in Crete with my Greek civ with hippikon (gear:sword of belle, ares war shield,horse armor Sargon and Ramses gauntlet) I’m using advisors epic:
    1) build time
    2) guard tower more damage
    3) siege and range more damage for my cavalry
    4) all military units 4% more health and 4% more damage!
    I’m doing well and starting to expand(forts guard towers) until wave 31-32 when the champion ballista spawn I’m always overwhelmed!!! I have watched videos but I can’t see to bypass that problem. Does anyone may have any tips in how I may complete it ?
    (Also I’m using the 8% more damage milestone from Egypt civ for my cavalry)

2. Loading...

3. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

@rtsgamer or @MsMuffins may be able to help
    or check out the info and the links in
    https://forums.projectceleste.com/threads/lmcg-legendary-meta-community-guide.4039/

It's a WIP by MsMuffins, but the links may be able to help with other build orders and setups. I can't really be of too much input myself cause I don't really play DoC, but I can suggest some more generic countering to seige:
    1. get more LoS in your setup and pre-emptively split your units up, stagger and split cavs for an easier time getting small numbers onto different seige asap. If you're not at the edge of the map you need to be scouting out pushes and potential raids with units (while minimising damage and time away from army on the unit/s you scout with). Use a single cav to bait away infantry from the fight. Keep a squad of cavs or another strong unit vs seige (preferrably quick to snipe it and get out) off to the side of the push so it can come in uninterrupted on the flank.
    2. get priests to convert and split them up between and away from other units, put them on their own control group/s for sure. Prioritize converting the seige and enemy priests first, then cavs, then everything else. If your vil numbers are where you want them, delete some (up to about 10% of vil pop) to free up conversion and/or military production space. You can always lose or delete the military and rebuild workers as long as it's not too many.
    3. Get range bonus or damage gear/advisors on your own seige and rely on being already set with units out in front. It's almost impossible to win a seige v seige war by attacking into the opponent, you have to seige a choke and let them come to you, they have to harass you to death from other angles. Any damage and range advantage with items only increases the strength of being set up earlier with your seige line. If you're fighting right up at the edge of the map, back your seige (and everything else) up a tiny bit, with range bonus setups on seige/ranged so the enemy ballistae have to come to you.
    4. depending on what else the ai or other player is throwing at you, you may be able to pull some villagers to defend vs seige while keeping their army and some of the seige targetting busy with your army. They'll do more than most ranged units would, and being melee force minimum range attack cancelling. This is only a good idea when you're in a good economic shape and can push back quickly but need to save important structures of your own (or the DoC wonder) in a close fight.

#2 Ardeshir, May 31, 2019 at 8:24 AM
    Last edited: May 31, 2019
    alex5ale likes this.
  4. alex5ale

alex5ale Woad Raider

Basically i shouldn’t try to solo it with Greeks and find a co-op partner !! :p I remember in old days it was was more doable !! Tnks for replying!!

5. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Yep, co-op usually helps!! That way you might even be able to stick with what you want to play if they're on a good civ to counter the specific unit you have problems with on a given quest haha

6. MsMuffins

MsMuffins Champion

Hmmm well I could make a long written guide-post, but will do that in future anyways, but honestly Elite Meet in Crete is not a easy solo, you need to have good build order into early troops and spawn camping is a must. Especially the siege units, in this quest enemies will come in from 4 spawn points.

If you really want to stick to soloing, you should rush Guard Tower's out straight away to buy you a few mins, you should boom your economy ASAP, and start pumping out troops by 7-10 mins mark. Then spawncamp primarily the 2 eastern points, I believe the siege only spawn from here. the north and south spawnpoint is only troops. If you are greek, focus most your hippis on eastern spawn points, and then a few on south and north backed up by guard towers. This should do the trick and keep stables nearby for quick replenishment/spam.

But find someone for co-op, be much easier all round, and get double gold from markets for quick and easy gold boom. Double population = more troops for spawn camping, then can relax.

Also would recommend switching out panhjs for dumnorix if your guard towers have good gear, because well early on you do rely on your towers, but through the rest of the game you will rely on your hippis more to wipe out the siege units as quickly as possible. And ofcourse other units.

same goes for philon, good for towers yes, but irene will help you boom and get to your hippis quicker I think. 3rd age and 4th age advisors are solid picks.

Also a tip, cut down wood around eastern spawn points and spam forts everywhere to help. (even better for egypt, replenish elephants)

Lastly if you have celt or egypt, woads and elephants are absolutely strongest vs seige. Spawncamp them effortlessly.

alex5ale likes this.
  7. alex5ale

alex5ale Woad Raider

Tnks for the reply friend !! I will try with dumnorix and when i got enough resourses around 30 wave i will kill most villagers and focus only on max hippi population !!

8. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Don't kill too many villagers lol

9. alex5ale

alex5ale Woad Raider

I shall bury them all !!!! :p

10. AniBunny

AniBunny Villager

What I dont like about Elite Meet in Crete that it's too hard to do solo (at least for me) but sometimes gets boring when you do it in co-op:D

I would recommend playing it in coop anyway:)

11. alex5ale

alex5ale Woad Raider

Well i tried again but nothing and i had forts- towers + hippi in all places guess i want somebody to co op...if anyone want co op elite in crete add me to your friend list "alex5ale"

12. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

I think you need some consumables
    the 10 sec store house, labour of the empire - that lets you use the spear advisor as you can build quickly with a lot of villagers, then bandit twrs
    I don't use the build advisor much preferring constant effects , then bandit fortresses. you see with the 10 sec store house and labour you can get resources and house barracks up reall quick and spam spears thats why I like it. buy time to get to AGEIV ... I also like the balista advisor and the hyp advisor and priest advisor with a convert siege bonus gear ... I aslo get mkts up reall quick and move them further and further awa

13. alex5ale

alex5ale Woad Raider

Tnks for replying, but I have an issue only after wave 32 when massive spawn of ballista champion and other units spawns...they always overwhelm me !!! The ballista are doing crazy dmg and my hippi die like flies !!

Exclusive0r likes this.
  14. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Get a high ballista count, and looooots of stables, then pretty much switch to a gold/food economy and rely on having higher unit numbers there with towers/forts for extra dps. Having your own priests is important, make sure they're converting different targets, and any ranged or towers are group-targetting without overkilling enemy priests, cavs and ranged. How geared up are you?

15. alex5ale

alex5ale Woad Raider

I very well equiped most items are leg and some epic,i use horse armor sargon as light armor i will try using the one with crush armor or the epic one with dmg !!

16. rtsgamer

rtsgamer Immortal

Sup mates,

I play always with (any leg cretes):
    Philon, Panhj, Stefanos, Darius

Semi-Rush age3 (stefanos) helps to safe alot resources.

U should mass towers everywhere, most/first likely around the spawn points.
    Epic stone consumable will help here.
    @wave 32 u should usually have enough stuff to hold. At this point i would kill all carawans and all vils, except the ones u re building more towers. More pop will help to hold easier.
    Another idea to fix ur wave32 problem is to make some palis.

By soloing this, u need good gear otherwise its waste of time i would say.
    Coop it out easy m8, :) Greetz.

#15 rtsgamer, Jun 2, 2019 at 8:43 AM
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    alex5ale and Exclusive0r like this.
  17. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

Priests with convert siege bonus .... and priest advisor .. I use that in Leg Marion .. maybe worth a try ... Priests are always useful even if they just heal ....
    Also twr up the spawns as RTS says ... I always do that in any crete .. basically a race to spawns and twr them up big time .. and keep them twred ..have good 'un

alex5ale likes this.
  18. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

What kind of resource bank should you have if you're deleting all but 5-10 vills?

19. alex5ale

alex5ale Woad Raider

When I kill all villagers and caravans in wave 30-31 I have about 25000-30000 food and
    40000-50000 gold,stone and wood are much lower!!!

Exclusive0r likes this.
  20. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Oh, with numbers like that.....
    cover the map in military production and delete all of them lol, maybe a handful on wood (if any left) or building/repairing at most

21. alex5ale

alex5ale Woad Raider

Hello everyone i can confirm that Celts can solo Elite meet in Crete with relatively ease !!! I manage to solo it with my Celt civ with word raiders and i'm not that much geared ! I still cant do it with my greek Civ !!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice