Are Legendary Villager Tools worth Saving up for?

Discussion in 'PvE General Discussion' started by ouros, Sep 18, 2019.

1. ouros

ouros Spearman

Since the days long before AOEO originally shutdown its servers, the thought of buying a legendary villager tool (specifically the Delian Archon Hammer) with gold seemed like a myth to me, as they are so expensive that I don't think ill ever live long enough to get enough gold. Now years later with the game resurrected and my skill level competent enough to be able to do some elite Cyprus quest, this is still the case.

My Villagers are currently equipped with an epic rarity tool, that provides around a 16% boost to all gather rates. The Delian Archon Hammer i believe is around 18% to 19%. That boost does not seem like much, and I don't think its worth grinding and saving for one year at the least for such a small stat boost.

My eyes have been set on a new legendary tool, The Divine Hammer of Construction. If I recall correctly it provides around 16% to all resource gather rates, but most notably it increases build speed by as high as 51%! The build stat I think makes this hammer worth upgrading to... or is it? With the introduction of the Global Market, buying the Divine Hammer of Construction is now possible. However the average gold price is absurd, possibly higher than the Archon Hammer. Once again, I would probably die before I had enough gold to buy it.

So the main questions i've been pondering are is it worth saving for these legendary tools, or should i spend my gold on other legendary gear that is more affordable?

2. Loading...

3. coolblade23

coolblade23 Champion

Villagers are the backbone of your civilisation , your entire army can be absolute trash , but if you have enough economy to keep pumping them out from ... villagers ... then you can do any legendary mission. I would suggest the first thing to gear up is your economy , and no better unit than the villagers.

Also you'd be surprised how easy gold can be made once you do about 10 legendary quests.

Ardeshir likes this.
  4. FinishedBlock21

FinishedBlock21 Hippikon

A good hammer is a priority, the first units to equip are your vils and one/two units you'll be spamming in quests. If you can't afford divine, Kaveh is a good alternative as well, as Philon already gives building speed as well.

5. ouros

ouros Spearman

On that note; last night I was attempting Legendary Marion solo. I was playing as the Celts and I was going to go for the mass woad raider strat. I had no issue building my economy, and it was sustaining my production just fine throughout game. I was churning out woad raiders like crazy from 13 barracks, but I was barely able to push. My units numbers kept evaporating. The most I could get through in 50 minutes was the first two fortresses.

My economy isn't an issue in these situations. I think I don't have the proper gear or advisors for my woad raiders. Right now i'm wondering if i should invest into the right gear for my raiders so i can start doing legionaries and use the rewards to more effectively get a legendary tool; Or if I should save for a legendary tool first.

6. FinishedBlock21

FinishedBlock21 Hippikon

You can easily gear your woads with cheap epic alternatives, taranis' , damage horn and amun's axe are at 1k on GM. You could get the rare version of pamphilos if epic is too expensive and then you'd need brann and you are all set. Are you sure your eco building is ok? At what min did you start attacking?

7. coolblade23

coolblade23 Champion

Odd ... i have 30 barracks on average on marion with little to no gear on woads and i can push easily ... hmmm could be because i have better equipped villagers and am able to pump out more units than the enemy can kill ...

Could also that my villagers allow me to build an economy faster and i can push with a woad army faster , or at least way before the AI enemy has enough to time to mass up units or research tech that would make my push harder ...

8. bbgambini

bbgambini Hippikon

You dont need a "legendary" hammer per say. But you do need a good hammer with decent build speed. There are some epics that offer good Build Speed, "blessed hammer" has +45% build speed, "tree splitter" has about 13% and the rare (blue) "Craftsman hammer" offers 14% build speed, and sells for less than 2k. You will notice a difference when putting up forts, towers, etc in a crunch.

9. ouros

ouros Spearman

I usually start attacking by age 4 when my economy is fully set, which is usually around the 16 min mark. (On Marion my econ can be set up much faster.) I essentially spent the next 40 minutes hammering the woad raider button. Considering that i was always training units for that long, I thinks its safe to say my economy is okay.

10. FinishedBlock21

FinishedBlock21 Hippikon

if you speed up your attack by 5 mins, you'll notice a difference. The faster you attack, the weaker the AI is.

11. ouros

ouros Spearman

I DID IT! I FINALLY BEAT LEGENDARY MARION! Thank you all for your advice!

bbgambini likes this.
  12. Pharos

Pharos Champion

I'm gonna write this only once so read carefully: (taking a deep breath) Yes.

superadindb and coolblade23 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice