By PF2K on Sep 20, 2024 at 7:17 PM
  1. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

Hello everyone!

It's time. After what feels like an eternity, we are finally ready to announce that the Indian civilization now has a planned release date!

The Indians will be released on the 26th of October, 2024 (assuming everything goes to plan, of course). There are, however, a few things happening before and after their release that are explained below:

[​IMG]
    Stage 1: Closed Beta Playtest (Sep. 29 - Oct. 12):
    • During this stage, we will be inviting a limited number of people to playtest the Indians and provide feedback and report any potential bugs. To keep it fair for everyone, these players' progress will be fully reset when the playtest phase is over.
    • You can sign up for the closed playtest group here, but please be aware that we have very limited spots available for the group due to our small development resources.
    Stage 2: Final Preparations (Oct. 13 - Oct. 25):
    • During this stage, we will review all feedback received by the playtesters during Stage 1, implement their feedback and fix any reported bugs. This is the final stage before the full public release of the civilization.
    Stage 3: Release (October 26th):
    • The Indian civilization will be released. Being the second largest piece of content in the history of Project Celeste, the Indians will bring an entirely new roster of units, buildings and technologies, as well as unique Milestones, Advisors, and more. See below for more details.
    • The Indians will start at level 20, similar to the Persians, Babylonians, and the Norse.
    • We will also be launching the Indians with a full Booster Pack of quests. Follow the story of Tivala on his journey to find the weapons and armor from the Nanda dynasty after their downfall.
      • This Booster Pack will feature a storyline of several quests, as well as Repeatable, Elite and Legendary quests to follow it up, as well as minigame quests.
      • It features a unique playable hero unit that will change appearance throughout the story and unlock passive and active abilities.
      • More details about this Booster Pack will be shared before release so stay tuned!
    • After the Winter Event, we will also be releasing a complete Indian-themed Legendary quest pack. More details to follow later.
    Stage 4: Halloween Event 2024 (Nov.18 - Dec. 01):
    • This year's Halloween Event will be the shortest one we've ever had; we simply haven't had the development capacity needed to add any new content to the event, and we are out of time to fit the Indians, Halloween and Winter events all within the span of a few weeks.
    Stage 5: Winter Event 2024 (Dec. 23 - Jan. 26):
    • The Winter Event will resume almost at the same time as last year, lasting the usual 5 weeks.
    • It will still feature a full set of unique login rewards, as well as limited time quests, decoration, and more.

With that out of the way, let's have one final look at some of the Indians most notable additions, shall we?

Indian Civilization Recap
    =======================
    [​IMG]
    Barracks
    =========
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Archery Range
    ==============
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Stables
    ========
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Mahout Camp
    ==============
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Fortress
    ========
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Economy Tech Tree
    ==================
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Utility Tech Tree
    ==================

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Indian Advisors
    ==============

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Indian Milestones
    =================
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It has been an incredibly long journey for us, but we are finally at the end and we can't wait for you to try out the Indians, which are going to be the 8th civilization in the game, and the 2nd one from us here at Project Celeste.
    (PF2K's Personal Note: despite the Indians being a Pro civilization as opposed to a Non-Pro civilization like the Romans that start at level 1, the Indians have been way more work for me personally, and to make things more difficulty, I also don't have nearly as much time on my hands as I had during the Romans' development, and it's a huge relief for me to be finally done with the majority of the work needed to get this civilization ready. I'm pretty excited for you to try them out. I think you're going to have a lot of fun!)
    Remember to join our Discord for the most up-to-date information regarding the Indians, and any other developments for Age of Empires Online!

All current and future content will stay 100% free and accessible to everyone.

========

Project Celeste Development Team

Let us know what you think of the Indians in the comments below!
    ========
    The Indians are (almost) here! Watch the Reveal Trailer.

The Romans are here! Watch the Overview Trailer.

Project Celeste is completely free and always will be. However, we gladly accept donations for our overhead costs, which are larger than we have budgeted. If you want to support us, you can do so HERE.

Read every Romans related blog HERE.
    Read every Indians related blog HERE.

Tell your friends! Join our Discord HERE.
    ========

#1 PF2K, Sep 20, 2024 at 7:17 PM
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2024
  2. Loading...

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by PF2K, Sep 20, 2024.

1. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

Well - the "start at lev 40" is litterary the same as giving 60M (roughly) skill points, so there is no difference in that part. The only difference is that from creation going lev 40 you gain alot of epic items that you can use until you find better. Hence I don't see any argument for why not let an already started civ get same "skill point skip chance" when they also neglect all this free items.

It would be up to the player then if the recipes, storages, event buildings and other cosmetic buildings in capital (and whatever it might be else?) is worth more or less than those starting items. Beside that in the end it's the same thing, 60M (or less) free skill points. I don't see anything pointing any other direction in the realm of logic and math - hence I'm a bit surprised over this "answers".

I don't mean to be rude - I hope this game will be extra welcoming for both new and older players that gone inactive - and I would hope you could see there is an obstacle here for some that has gained stuff to their capital and don't like the low-level quest grinding. I got several friends that I know are in this cathegory - hence I hope to see some love for them too since I really hope to be able to bring them back to AoEo <3

I can't imagine that this last suggestion/sollution has any problem when it comes to programming (wouldn't surprise me if someone of the devs could do this in less than 15 minutes). But I can accept that you don't wanna do it right now - that's fine, I know you got ALOT on the plate - but I really hope this can be concidered for the future since it's basically the same idea you're already implementing.

#21 ByFstugan, Sep 26, 2024 at 12:00 AM
      Last edited: Sep 26, 2024
      Exclusive0r likes this.
    2. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

I get yas -
      That's why I said :
      "I must be a strange guy" o_O
      But even so in my Empire Vault I have 100 Leg gear 40 Epic Advisors all saved up for the Indians , but I also epic and rare gear for my way up. I don't need any coins, I got millions or Empire points. So I have been planning my India Civ for a long time. My Empire Vault and a portion of each Civ is holding for them. So I also mentioned I want to enjoy the "Personality" of the Indians . That means trying different gear/builds on my way up.
      With gear dismantler it just makes sense to try things out and if it don't seem to fit my own meta I just dismantle or sell .
      Might be strange but I also get a sense of nostalgia when Im levelling.

So I get your points and don't disagree, it's "what ever floats your boat" or "horses for courses" as we brits say.

Seems like you will have your wish granted by mighty Barham :):):):)
      So I wish you luck and fun playing.
      (seems like we both posted at the same time as I see your reply to PF2K now )

#22 Exclusive0r, Sep 27, 2024 at 11:40 AM
      Last edited: Sep 27, 2024
      Ardeshir likes this.
    3. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Looking forward to the playtesting :cool:

Exclusive0r likes this.
    4. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

I would have applied, but not sure I would get enough done to give feedback - Im slow and steady
      Good luck tho Ard Im sure you will put them thru their paces - shame vids are out as Im sure you would make great ones

Ardeshir likes this.
    5. Kyku

Kyku Spearman

wo!!! Amazing work!!! I'm sooo looking forward at playing this!!! thank you guys!!!

6. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Villager

Great update loaded with exciting news!
      Civ is shaping to be really fun and interesting. I love elephant units, and as someone with Egypt as the main&fav civ, I suspect the Indian one might take spot #2 in my book.

Good luck, Team!

7. rpgcrash

rpgcrash Villager

its finally coming, thank you so much for all your hard work everyone yayyy

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice