Installed on USB thumbdrive, unable to play on different computer

Discussion in 'Installation' started by Lokshok, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Lokshok

Lokshok Villager

Hi everyone,
    I successfully installed AOEO Celeste on my USB thumbdrive, with the intent of being able to plug-and-play the game from different computers. The game works and launches without problems on my primary computer, no issues (yet). When I plug the USB into my laptop and attempt to launch, I receive the error message "system cannot find the path specified". I've run GameScan multiple times when the USB drive is plugged into the laptop and the file integrity is fine, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Even though I installed AOEO Celeste on my USB thumbdrive (in order to be able to take the game to go), is it possible the game installed or altered files on my primary computer, and is thus 'linked' to the computer? Do I need to have a separate clean install of AOEO Celeste on my laptop as well?

Much appreciate any insight on this issue.

2. CWO

CWO Long Swordsman

Just a shot in the dark, is it coming up as the same drive letter on both computers? Maybe the launcher is saving a config option somewhere with the old drive letter...

Ardeshir likes this.
  3. Lokshok

Lokshok Villager

Thanks for the suggestion - unfortunately the USB does show up as the same drive letter, so I don't think that's the issue. :(

4. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

On the computer where it was originally installed, go and get the Spartan folder that's in your documents (think it's about 12MB) and put it on the USB, then put that in the documents of the laptop or any other pc you're playing "on the go", and see if that works.

5. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

Ardeshir likes this.
  6. kostika

kostika Villager

So, did you find a solution?

7. Mortal Engine

Mortal Engine Long Swordsman

Hey, does the doc folder get loaded onto the sad or the removeable drive by default? I wanted to run the game SOLELY from a micro SD and didn't want a trace of it on my device, so just curious if this was the case! Thanks.

Also, is the K72 folder game related?

8. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Dunno, never tried running the game off a USB, but I'd think just running a gamescan once you plug it into the pc and start the launcher, would probably flesh out the spartan folder in the documents folder of the pc. I've never heard of that K72 folder lol

Sorry to not be of much help

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice