Ui turns white

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by ABullishBear, Dec 7, 2019.

1. ABullishBear

ABullishBear Woad Raider

I do not know what causes this, but sometimes if the game has been running for an extended amount of time(multiple hours) The UI graphics will break.
    The menuscreen lacks it's usual graphics and is almost completely white, ingame the empire vault and all shops lose their graphics and become almost completely white.
    E.g: the chest images etc.. in moe's remain but everything behind it is white.
    for the vault all the items remain visible but everything behind it is white.

Restarting the game seems like the only "fix".

I forgot to take a screenshot, but should it happen again I will include it here.

Hopefully this is a decent enough explanation in loo of a way to reproduce the issue, I have heard from other players that this has happened to them too.

Ardeshir likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. FinishedBlock21

FinishedBlock21 Hippikon

Yes this happens when you play for an extended amount of time. Can happen faster if you play some more " graphic- heavy" quests. Best thing to do is restart the game every couple hours or so.

Ardeshir likes this.
  4. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

If it happens nearly all the time after a couple of quests, or you're also getting any other shaders or lighting related graphics problems try the suggestions in
    https://forums.projectceleste.com/threads/installation-guide-tips-for-windows-8-64bit.4119/

Personally I almost never have issues with graphics even without trying the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 install (it's a windows 7 package that was never really fully built into windows 8/8.1/10, you're sort of at liberty of another game install forcing you to download the package already or getting lucky with your pc), but I do relog and restart between games out of habit to avoid crappy connections in PvP and to swap civs.

5. ABullishBear

ABullishBear Woad Raider

I'll give it a look, earlier I had my map tripping out with lines connecting all (buildings and units) flashing rapidly inevitibly causing massive lag xD

On the bright* side, my co op was seeing it too

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice