Installation Guide Tips for Windows 8+ 64bit

Discussion in 'Installation' started by Yntec, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Yntec

Yntec Villager

I followed the guide's instructions and couldn't get the game to work, it kept saying "MSVCP140.dll" is missing, even though I had installed everything the guide said.

Apparently, the Guide's links lead for everything installing in the bits that the user's Windows uses, I use a 64bit Windows 8.1. What is needed is installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3, however, by default it installs the 64Bit version, but the game uses the 32bit version.

For people with this problem, the solution is to go to this page:

microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53840

Click Download, and tick "vc_redist.x86.exe", download and install that one, and the game will run! :)

Then, after getting it to run, because my videocard is ancient, I had the problems that the game would run with terrible performance (10fps or so) and wasn't showing the mouse cursor. For people with this problem....

Hold ALT and press ENTER.

The game will go into Windowed mode, and the cursor will be shown. Now:

Click Options -> Graphic Options. Tick "Windowed Mode" (so the game will start like this in the future), and in "Shader Quality" select "Low". Click "Ok". Presto! Age Of Empires Online now runs at full speed :D

Just wanted to share, happy gaming!

Ardeshir likes this.
  2. Loading...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice