Solo Legendary Quests

Discussion in 'PvE General Discussion' started by WobbleDee, Dec 3, 2019.

1. musictopia2

musictopia2 Woad Raider

I do agree with using resources to build economy. I actually would do that. However, even that takes me time since so many things are happening at once and i can only focus on one thing at a time. I find it takes me around 10 minutes to get the desired amount of villagers on a quest including caravans. There was one quest where if i had not had a coop partner, i would have lost because before i got the desired villagers, they were attacking. the good news is i had the resources. the bad news is no units. if i focused on the units, i would not had the resources. i tried marion as babylon solo and almost lost. ended up having to take a risk at the end and send all my units to the final fortress. i do hate the timed quests unless its optional.

2. Aaron

Aaron Berserker

You hotkey your TC's and markets, and do 4a5a (or whatever hotkey you use) every 10 or so seconds. Same for your military buildings and then you can focus on the battle without looking at your production. I also bind "select all army" to F2, and do the good old F2+A that we know and love in casual StarCraft 2. Thanks Ardeshir for that tip.

3. ABullishBear

ABullishBear Woad Raider

Music, if I'm trying to boom my economy I sell excess resources to the market in order to buy what I need to constantly have my town centers/markets producing, If I start with plenty of resources like on village of sais my go to opening move is:

3 villagers to the bottom.
    Each builds a market while I'm aging up and placing a 2nd tc.
    As soon as age 3 is done I place the third tc.
    Then to have food/wood enough to keep all 6 producing constantly(and to be able to build houses so I never stop producing due to population limit either) I will trade all my gold and stone, I dont need the remainer of the 2 k stone or gold right now, I need food and wood ;D

by the time your 2k gold/ stone is depleted you will have plenty of caravans and villagers to bring it in naturally.

I also don't have a hard limit for howmany villagers/caravans I produce before my attack, it's happened that I have 165 population in caravans/villagers, I delete the excess workforce to a more standard 70-85 when it is time to attack.

It doesnt take a lot of time for a villager/caravan to pay for itself.
    Even one that is technically a lot pricier due to market exchanges.

Also, you can buy any resource with gold, so there's no such thing as too many caravans ^^

p.s, using this method I have never once had a coop(on village of sais) who can keep up with my economy, earlier my coop was at 30000 score while I was at 65000, not sure about the exact timing tho.

#23 ABullishBear, Dec 9, 2019 at 3:28 AM
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    rtsgamer likes this.
  4. musictopia2

musictopia2 Woad Raider

How does somebody hotkey a market? i wish there was a hotkey to directly open screen to trade resources. Does hotkeys even work to choose which resource to sell or buy without using mouse.

5. ABullishBear

ABullishBear Woad Raider

ctrl + a number? not sure if letters work too
    then just click the number to select it, the ctrl is only for mapping it

6 hotkeys for buying selling resources just seems like a hassle to me if it is a thing

6. Aaron

Aaron Berserker

Unless I missed something huge, there's no hotkey for buying + selling resources, even if the market is selected, a pity. I checked the hotkeys in Options to be sure, too. At least, shift-click buys/sells at 500 at a time.

Currently I bind markets to 3, TC's to 4, and barracks to 5.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice