legendary quests are too difficult

Discussion in 'PvE General Discussion' started by Stephhen, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Stephhen

Stephhen Spearman

Hi, I love this game and thanks again to the whole team. My problem is that the legendary quests are too difficult or even impossible despite my weaponry. Enemies keep coming in large numbers and super equipped, I don't have time to advance in resources or soldiers even less in level.

It becomes tiring to do the same quests again and again (level 40 or under). Is it possible to review the level of the legendary ones, make it more accessible or is it only for the super good player?

2. Loading...

3. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Maybe try doing them Co-op? There's some really good players out there who have strategies and item setups to make all the legendaries much easier to get through, and playing alongside them will really improve your ability to get through most of the legendaries.

What sort of gear do you have?

Keep in mind there is more content coming, and not all of it will be legendary. There will be more quests for casual PVE for sure in future questpacks.

4. mdk2005

mdk2005 Villager

it is tiring. And you'll eventually just leave the game. Like when MS had it.

That's what happens when you overtune quests for no reason other than creating an arbitrary spike in difficulty and ceiling to prevent players from progressing. Or, slowing their progression by making PvE rewards meager in comparison to the PvP content, and the time and effort Legendaries take with no guarantee for your time invested.

All in all, this game wasn't designed to respect players or their time, or their effort.

Go learn a craft on LinkedIn Learning, something useful, you'll be much happier, you can get a marketable result. Don't allow games to ask you to sacrifice the precious hours of your life.

5. FinishedBlock21

FinishedBlock21 Berserker

The only thing that prevents you from progressing is your unwillingness to learn the game. With a mindset that something is out of your reach, it will always stay out of your reach. If there are players out there soloing quests with no effort and you are not able to even co-op them, isn't that a motivation for you to improve? If you love the game that is. Surely they are not super-humans. I haven't played any other games, no rts background or anything and I'm telling you pve in this game is very easy; you just need to invest the effort in figuring it out. And it should stay like that, skill needs to matter in an rts. Plenty of vids to guide you and players to give you a hand. Let's say the only quest you can complete is rogues or something and we nerf everything down to rogues difficulty so you can complete it. What fun would that be, either for you, the top players who already find everything too easy or the players in the middle that are finding their way through quests and are gradually improving? And think about how much fun it would be when you are finally able to complete a quest that you previously couldn't.

6. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, they are not called legendary because they are easy. These quests are for end game players for sure. The funny thing is, we have players that complain that they are too easy. Check out some youtube videos for strategies, and find a patient co op partner that will take the time to give you advice. Obviously with some players saying they are too easy, and others saying they are too hard, the most probable difference is skill level. Take some time to increase that. It makes way more sense than us decreasing the difficulty. Good luck, and don't give up. We were all new players once.

#5 Jeinx, Feb 4, 2020 at 1:32 PM
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    bbgambini, Aaron and WiriWout like this.
  7. Aaron

Aaron Champion

I see that you have looked at my guide. I hope it's helpful to you. Failing that, you can both practice and improve your gear by trying out the alliance quests in Carthage, Delos, Farafra, as well as Elite quests by clicking the Elite button on non-legendary repeatable quests. You can also practice on doing non-legendary Well of Urd quests (starts at Northern Hold, added by Celeste team), which are easier than legendaries, but significantly harder than quests in Argos, Babylon, and Cyprus. I recommend staying away from Athens since I find the Incursion quests about just as hard as some of the legendaries.

Stephhen likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice