Fog of war bug

Discussion in 'Misc' started by Mattia, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Mattia

Mattia Villager

Hello everyone.
    First of all i apologize if i picked the wrong section of the forum. When i explore the map, the unseen parts (but explored) and the not explored portions of the maps are graphically bugged: it seems like to see "triangles" of visible in the non visible part of map (it's hard to explain). I don't have this issue with fog of war in water (only on terrain, no matter which kind) and i didn't have any problem installing and launching the game. I play on windows 10 and i installed the game not via steam. I'd like to upload a screeenshot but i don't know why it gives me an error.
    Thanks a lot to everyone for the time

2. Loading...

3. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

You mean like triangular patches of white shading over fogged (normally lightly blackened) terrain?

Do you have a graphics card? What drivers are you using?

Mattia likes this.
  4. Mattia

Mattia Villager

Yes, it's exactly that problem! I have a gtx 1050 (i play on laptop) and the driver of graphic card is the latest (430.86)

5. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

What's your performance like?

Have a go at the suggestions of running in windowed mode, adjusting shader quality, and installing the 32bit update in the link here:
    https://forums.projectceleste.com/threads/installation-guide-tips-for-windows-8-64bit.4119/
    I know you aren't on windows 8, but you could have a similar issue because the game was really built around windows 7 and if you haven't picked up the updates from other game installs then it could be why, idk for sure though.

6. Mattia

Mattia Villager

I tried to apply the suggestion you gave me and it worked! i got the issue solved by switching shader from Medium to Low. Thank you a lot, you've been very kind :)

7. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

No worries, just passing on some of Yntec's troubleshooting that seemed to help him! Does switching back to medium cause it to play up again? If it does, I'll keep it in mind that it's cause of the demands of the settings, though I would've thought the Mobile1050 4GB would've been good enough to run the game maxed out as it's as powerful as the best Nvidia desktop card from 2011.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice