By PF2K on Nov 1, 2020 at 5:04 PM
  1. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

Header_-_DevUpdate20201101.png
    Hello there Celeste players! We are back again with another Developer Update blog (it's a big one!).

This time, we are going to spotlight a few of the important changes that are included in this patch, which is one of the most fundamentally impactful ones we've ever had.

Legendary, Elite and Repeatable Quest Difficulty Levels
    =================================================
    A recent look at our logs showed that a surprising number of our players spend most of their time playing everything but Legendary Quests. A closer look to the Legendary Quest rewards and comparing them with original Legendary Quests showed us that the Celeste Quests' rewards were very disorganized and all over the place. We have went ahead and classified all end-game Quests based on their difficulty (and adjusted Legendary Quests' rewards based on both their difficulty level and their cooldown timer, as you will see below.) Check the graphics below for more information:

Repeatable_Quest_Tiers.png
    Repeatable_Quest_Rewards.png
    Elite_Quest_Tiers.png
    Elite_Quest_Rewards.png
    Legendary_Quest_Tiers.png
    You will be able to see these Quests' difficulty rating directly inside the Quest description UI as well.

Legendary Quests' Cooldown Timers
    =================================
    In the original game, Legendary Quests either had 12 hours or 6 days as their cooldown timer. Previously, we added a new cooldown class of 36 hours, but this has now been changed to 12 days, and the rewards for the Quests that have gotten this new cooldown class has been adjusted accordingly.

Below you can find the unified reward amounts for all Legendary Quests:
    12hrLegendaries.png
    6dayLegendaries.png
    12dayLegendaries.png

These rules do not apply to Event Quests, as we want them to be a little more lucrative than non-Event Quests.

Note that in order to keep some of the nostalgia feeling for players who have been around since the beginning, we have kept some Quests' rewards intact, not applying these rules to them. These Quests include:
    • Legendary: Recapturing Marion
    • Lots of Rogues! (and its Elite version)
    Additionally, we have increased the rewards of some of the original Quests. Those include:
    • The Elite Meet in Crete (find the details later in this post.)
    • City Conquest Quests (in Northern Hold)
    • City Defense Quests (in Northern Hold)
    • Bella, Come Home (Now grants Legendary Chests)
    • Good Ol' Peepaw (Now grants Legendary Chests)
    Last but not least, all Repeatable Quests now grant Empire Points.

Defense of Crete Changes, Buffs and New Exclusive Legendary
    ========================================================
    CreteRewards.png

EMiCBuff.png
    In addition to these changes to Crete, we also have plans on making adjustments to the Crete scoring system and leaderboards at some point in the future, but we cannot give any time estimates for that.

Better Transparency on Treasure Chests and Rewards
    ================================================
    TreasureInfoUI.png
    One of the biggest detriments for new players playing Age of Empires Online has been the lack of information regarding the contents of Treasure Chests that are found in the game. We have addressed these issues by adding a multiple new information tooltips and interfaces throughout the game.

TreasureChestInfo.png

PF2K's Personal Note: I created that UI live on my own stream. You can find its VoD here! Thanks for everyone who tuned in and gave feedback. (P.S. Sorry for the cut out audio in some parts)
    We have tried our best to make sure there are no issues or bugs regarding the new UIs or the Quest Rewards, but we are all only human and mistakes are inevitable. If you find anything that's looking incorrect or missing, please kindly report it to our Bug Reports subforum. Thanks for helping out!

All current and future content will stay 100% free and accessible to everyone.

========
    Thank you so much for reading, and we will see you all next time!

Project Celeste Development Team

What do you think about this week's blog? What would you like to see next? Let us know in the comments below!

========
    Missed the Roman Civilization's announcement? Find out about it HERE.

Project Celeste is completely free and always will be. However, we gladly accept donations for our overhead costs, which are larger than we have budgeted. If you want to support us, you can do so HERE.

Read every Romans related blog HERE.

Tell your friends! Join our Discord HERE.
    ========

#1 PF2K, Nov 1, 2020 at 5:04 PM
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Developer Update 2020
    1. PF2K
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. PF2K
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. PF2K
      Replies:
      Views:
    4. PF2K
      Replies:
      Views:
    5. PF2K
      Replies:
      Views:

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by PF2K, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

Whoever decided to buff Peepaw is a scholar and a gentleman. A master class in software development.

2. Kulcsos12

Kulcsos12 Hippikon

Are these chests will keep their color in the inventory or will turn into a default as before?

3. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
      Staff Member Administrator

Only in the rewards description. Once in your inventory, all chests will look the same, similar to how it works with store-bought chests. :)

4. frogs.poison

frogs.poison Immortal

Excited for the Minotaur's Golden Hide, as the naming indicated it's the legendary upgrade to Chimera's Leather Hide! I won't need to farm a very specific Crete difficulty anymore!

PedroAlmeida72 likes this.
    5. Wololoo

Wololoo Champion

9 days ago in a post elsewhere I said:

"I think the wealth divide continues to grow quite simply because there are players that can repeatedly do leg quests (and get those rewards that they can sell for high coin) and there are the other players that struggle with leg quests and are more comfortable with normal / elite quests which very rarely reward anything worthwhile.
      Usually green gear or other vendor fodder.

Perhaps some middle ground is needed. The now 3 tiers of difficulty get changed to 4 tiers:
      Normal quests > Normal quests (Elite mode) > Leg quests > Leg quests (Elite mode)
      or maybe a difficulty setting for leg quests gets added: Moderate > Hard > Impossible. "

Todays update answers this exactly. You guys are just so on the ball :)

Thanks so much for your great work, you are truly awesome!

Andy P XIII, Skycrane09 and PF2K like this.
    6. PedroAlmeida72

PedroAlmeida72 Woad Raider

When we all think the work of the team devs is great and there's only a few things where they could improve you guys don't stop to amaze the entire community with another big innovation. This game couldn't dream of being so great in the old times as it is nowadays.
      Excelent job!!! ;)

7. frogs.poison

frogs.poison Immortal

Oh wow, this is already live? I was expecting all this to happen after the event was over.

8. Fraxure022

Fraxure022 Berserker

Why move the quests to a twelve day reset timer? That’s seems a tad lengthy, especially if you’re someone who plays pretty frequently. Just curious as to the intent here.

Beyond that, this patch is awesome and helps address one of my bigger issues with the game. I love it, thank you for taking the time to make it happen.

9. Kulcsos12

Kulcsos12 Hippikon

OK, this new "Chest system" is a little bit confused for me.

10. Aaron

Aaron Berserker

I like most of the changes in this patch, especially with the elite and color changes. I am mildly relieved that the de facto legendary tiers are 1~3. I am still very unsure of the 12d change. I also like the rollout timing. Very shrewd. I am surprised Bella, Come Home got buffed. That quest takes 1 minute. Two suggestions:

1. A number of classic repeatable quests still have lvl 37 chests, which means they are never worth replaying. They should be bumped to lvl 40, adjusting chest count if needed.
      2. The color scheme of the various event/leg treasure chests are too similar, especially non-legendary event chests.
      It's the same as the old one, except the info used to be hidden.

11. Kulcsos12

Kulcsos12 Hippikon

I know but still.
      I didn't see any difference between lvl40 chests before, so I didn't know which has legendary gear on its loot table, which not. Now, we have 10+ lvl40 chests with a description which sounds good but I don't see any pattern between the chest color and loot.

12. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

Bella and Peepaw are silly little quests, and we decided to give them silly rewards. One leg chest and a 6-day cooldown. Have fun!

13. purpleganja

purpleganja Berserker

Thank you for all your time and effort you put on this wonderful game!

bbgambini, PF2K and Andy P XIII like this.
    14. MsMuffins

MsMuffins Champion

Hello Celeste team I hope your all doing great, and again reading this and was just like wow I have to send my praises to the wonderful team who continuously improve a beautiful game.

And so here I am. I for one love these changes a massive improvement to the loot/quest systems, and very clear and precise now what you can get. (Really nice UI too!)

Favourite part is the quest system though, really like it x) Amazing job!:)

bbgambini, PF2K, Kire and 1 other person like this.
    15. Aryzel

Aryzel Immortal

16. bbgambini

bbgambini Hippikon

17. bbgambini

bbgambini Hippikon

These appear to be some really awesome changes. You guys keep on pushing hard on making this game the best it can be, and for that...thanks!!

Andy P XIII likes this.
    18. Primordial Bias

Primordial Bias Spearman

Great update, I need to build the Bella and Peepaw buildings when I can for those sweet, sweet rewards.

Will there be any updates on the Romans? The wait is slowly burning me up.

bbgambini likes this.
    19. frogs.poison

frogs.poison Immortal

Peepaw isn't quite worth it - With the revamp, there are many, many other reg repeatables that yield higher chest/coin ratio for time invested. Bella(Ol' Man Fischer) is definetely worth it though since it just takes 30 seconds to do.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice