Developer Spotlight: Review of Quest Data

Discussion in 'PvE General Discussion' started by Andy P XIII, Oct 20, 2019.

?

Other than traditional Legendary Quests, what kinds of new quests would interest you?

1. Short, punchy quests with good loot that encourage daily grinding like A New Pharoah's Challenge

21 vote(s)
    48.8%
  2. Holy Man-like quests

13 vote(s)
    30.2%
  3. City Defense/City Conquests

15 vote(s)
    34.9%
  4. Quests with Hero Units (like in Northern Invasion)

14 vote(s)
    32.6%
  5. Quests with limited unit rosters (like in City Defense, Palace Races, etc.)

12 vote(s)
    27.9%
  6. I'd love to work towards cool Capital City decorations (like the Temple of Minos in Crete, etc.)

14 vote(s)
    32.6%
  7. I'd love quests unlockable by building things in my Capital City

17 vote(s)
    39.5%
  8. I'd love to be able to use materials to acquire things (like War Effort and Legendary Craftables)

12 vote(s)
    27.9%
  9. I am so excited about this that I would love to learn more about how to create quests myself

9 vote(s)
    20.9%
  10. Something else (please comment below)

7 vote(s)
    16.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. rtsgamer

rtsgamer Immortal

sup all,

immediately when someone reaches lvl40 should start a questline with story to show hole different quests, in that case, u can add an ai to help the player from begin to the end. I am with @Alzerus.

Adding new stuff/ quests etc. into the game is something we all like but we shouldnt forget to fix adjustments / rebalances / rewards..."issues"

Thats why most of the people votes for rework on advisors, just an example.
    There re also quests that needs rebalance the rewards like thymbra.

In case of rewards i am with @Wololoo. Iam not for immediately pushing the rewards dramatically but step by step to find out the sweet spot. Btw. the example above was about a 90 mins. game. There re more dramatic / unlucky times, where the people playing the game days after days without any good drop.

I like what u re doing @Andy P XIII sharing data, discuss, find out the right direction for improvements etc., kool.

greetz. gl & hf all

2. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

This is fantastic data many thanks ....

I have an idea why Elites are so popular, I love them and Im surprises Elite Rescue Me isn't on the list as I play that all the time LOL
    But my idea was linked to my suggestion of a "Hardness Slider". Once you get to 40 regular quests are too easy, but a lot of Leq quests are too hard (especially for people like me who are slow due to dexterity issues) . So I can easily solo any Elite, but can only solo a few Legs. So Elites are too easy , Leg too hard (Well the old ones aren't I think Breaking Bandits is the easiest) .
    So it seems to go too easy > too hard .... so make a grade between elite and leg ? difficulty slider ?? or as you suggest N Invasion, Cyprus, Babylon like quests where one leads to another and some are harder once you finish ....

And I would like more on how to make them please

Anyway this will always be my go to game and it was part of my recovery so thanks guys

Bahram, Wololoo and Ardeshir like this.
  3. Pazoe

Pazoe Spearman

I think it would be a good addition if you had quests that are 'timed', and there are some sort of leaderboards for these quests. At the end of the week or month, the top time gets an specific legendary for example (and you could give other items for reaching specific time thresholds). Would be even better if you can rotate the quest that is timed. Exisiting quests can be used for this also (pharaoh's challenge for example).
    It would make people play different quests, and give them something to aim for. It also creates a bit of competition outside of PvP.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice