Alfheim

Discussion in 'PvE General Discussion' started by Killerjas, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Killerjas

Killerjas Spearman

Any tips in beating Alfheim (regular)? I get swarmed in the first 5 minutes and then the AI keeps sending in waves of elite troops with 38+ gear while I have sub par gear. I start out building a 2nd town center from the get go and I have a lot of workers, but the AI just spawns in wave after wave.

Why is this so difficult? Been playing the game for over a half year now so I am not a noob, but the difficulty scaling is insane.

2. FinishedBlock21

FinishedBlock21 Hippikon

You are probably letting them get too strong or not building your eco fast enough. Best thing to do is watch a vid, will show you what needs to be done. I found this one, it's not the best startegy, but at least he soloed it so maybe it would help you. Go for fast 2nd tc and market and make some early units/ towers for defense while booming

bbgambini likes this.
  3. Aaron

Aaron Berserker

I assume by regular you mean the quest version? I just tried it on Norse, and I don't see it being particularly out of line compared to other Well of Urd quests. It's definitely not as bad as Hideout. Whatever you did there to hold off the original waves should work here too. Then it's just boon, get max upgrades, and spam your good units.

4. musictopia2

musictopia2 Woad Raider

I have to say that hideout was far easier than the alfheim. I find regular alfheim the hardest of all of them. Even harder than some legendary quests. The only civ i was able to solo on was actually celts. I would recommend celts to solo. Even then, I would recommend very good gear as well. On all other civs, unfortunately, i had to have a coop partner in order to play it.

5. Aaron

Aaron Berserker

One thing I observed from the video vs my playthough is to stay far away from their towers. Not only would you get shoot at if you move too far up, you would also aggro their patrolling units. You can see how the AI sends ~30 cavalry when the player in the video had units near the towers, and retreat them when the player's units retreat/dies. I made the same mistake in the Jotunheim mission by building a fort too far up, and they came down with ~50 units to destroy it.

#5 Aaron, Oct 21, 2019 at 6:42 AM
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  6. Killerjas

Killerjas Spearman

I cant seem to do it... Tried for over 3 hours now... I just get swarmed with elites

bbgambini likes this.
  7. bbgambini

bbgambini Hippikon

build a small wall and a few towers in that middle passage way. it wont let u wall completely or build towers in all the land but that should help u a lot (the more the better). You dont need ships. Focus on building up a few defenses, get your priests to convert and use their units against them for a bit while you build up your army.

then simply push up, and build forts/towers/walls in the center where that first enemy fort was at. Build your base there again....then push in either direction.

ps: a navy helps to disrupt their econ but i simply sent Log Throwers.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice