I have a problem in the Crete classification

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by SanCalandas, Jun 8, 2019.

1. SanCalandas

SanCalandas Villager

Hello

I have a problem in the crete classification. I played more than 10 times and he does not score me.

Any suggestions? Thank you

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - problem Crete classification
    1. weisi
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. alex5ale
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. Atreides
      Replies:
      Views:
    4. hani
      Replies:
      Views:
    5. Pkzeiro
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Kevsoft

Kevsoft XLiveless Dev
    Staff Member Administrator

Do you experience any crashes? Did you play coop or only solo? Regardless, I would recommend that you send me your xlive.log located in My Documents/Spartan/xlive.log via PM or in Discord.

4. Stephaenus

Stephaenus Spearman

Hey there!
    I have the same problem. I played dozens of times in the last few days and my score doesn't seem to increase. I only played solo and haven't experienced any crashes yet. (at least not in Crete) I've tried it on multiple difficulties and on multiple maps but nothing changed.

5. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Hey Stephaneus. Try sending Kevsoft a private message on the forums or in the discord (let me know if you need an invite). There is a text file called xlive.log in your Documents/Spartan/ directory with some stuff regarding score tracking in it. Just copy and paste the contents of the whole text into a message to Kevsoft along with the problem you're having (scores not being updated). He should be able to get it fixed!

6. Alzerus

Alzerus Champion

The scoring in Crete will only show your best score, so if you have already had a score listed and it's not increasing, that can happen until you better your own score. If it's not scoring at all, do as the above posters have suggested.

7. Stephaenus

Stephaenus Spearman

If that's true than I can't even explain my current high score, because, despite the fact that I've been much better in the last few games than around the time when my score progression stopped, my game score still lacked one "0" to my high score. (I cleared almost all waves before the next started with minimal losses, unlike the previous ones, when sometimes I barely managed to survive)

But maybe I just don't understand the mechanics of Crete and it's scoring system. Can someone explain it to me please, or just direct me to some page where I can read about it in detail?

Ardeshir likes this.
  8. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

So did you manage to clear all 10/20/30 waves in any of the games? You only need to finish all the waves you have set, so it can be 10 in some games, to get a score that counts, so to speak.

If you haven't managed to finish 10 waves, I can play through the lower difficulties with ease with you, but if you're wanting a crazy high score, best off asking ingame.

9. Stephaenus

Stephaenus Spearman

Yes, that's the weird thing. I cleared almost all 30 waves (probably not the first 4, or 5), before the next one came and my score still didn't match my "high score", which is somehow achieved by not doing so... :D I first thought that every game increases a total score, because if only the highest score counts, than I have no idea how I reached it by playing worse before. Any ideas?

10. rtsgamer

rtsgamer Immortal

11. Stephaenus

Stephaenus Spearman

12. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Yeah gathering, spending, total kills, quicker time to kill, and less units and unit cost lost all impact score iirc

13. Stephaenus

Stephaenus Spearman

Thank you all for your replies!
    Everything works just fine now. :)

14. Alzerus

Alzerus Champion

Good to hear.
    It caught me out out a few weeks ago when I started back at Crete again after many years, just couldn't understand how it was scoring. My first attempt at it seemed to be my best score for quite a few Crete attempts.

It's all down to finding a tactic that works for that map, but camping the spawning points asap with little as possible loss of units seems to work for most imo. As long as you complete each wave before next one arrives, you'll get the cleared wave bonus and apparently the quicker you kill the waves the better your score, hence build lots of Towers/Fortresses around spawning points and time the spawns for building so as to not lose vills/military while building. I've read somewhere that your resource amounts and technology upgrades may count but I cannot seem to find this source again, so take that info with a grain of salt. I also see a "Survival Bonus" through the waves but am not sure what condition rewards this > guessing possibly a resource bonus or maybe every certain qty of waves??

Would be nice if one of the devs or any player that actually knows of all the conditions that adds to the scoring in Crete waves could advise us apart from those listed in the link above. GLHF

Ardeshir likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice