SOLVED Cold and cruel reply

Discussion in 'Connectivity' started by Rowena Belle, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Rowena Belle

Rowena Belle Spearman

I guess my other thread has fizzled out.

Maybe a bit of background will help.

I was there July 2014, a tear in the eye, bidding old friends farewell until the screen went blank and AOEO died. It was awful.

But then, it was magically back. When I finally got a decent graphics card, and enough RAM, I could log in again (although I had to add X at the end of LadyRowena as I couldn’t access my old email account).

4 weeks in and I’m lvl40 on 4 civs, encouraging new players, giving away mats and consumables, if I had them, and being whispered “Is that YOU?” Yes, and it’s so great to see you again.

Out of the blue, with no 6th amendment rights (to face my accuser) I’m blocked and my server ‘compromised’. No clue as to why or what I’m supposed to have done – Have I done it to myself accidently? Has some vicious AI monster done it to me? …but no one seems to care or want to help me.

2014 I could understand, this I can’t.

Any help or advice appreciated, because silence is a very cold and cruel reply.

2. Loading...

3. Kevsoft

Kevsoft XLiveless Dev
    Staff Member Administrator

This shall not be your destiny.

Whitelisted your IP-Address you're using for the forum assuming that you use the same network for browsing the forums and playing the game.

NCSGeek likes this.
  4. Rowena Belle

Rowena Belle Spearman

Kevsoft, That's outstandingly decent of you. Thanks for getting back to me.
    I still get the server offline message if I try to log into AOEO (deep sigh)

5. Kevsoft

Kevsoft XLiveless Dev
    Staff Member Administrator

It might take a couple of hours that the entry is registered. In the meanwhile you could check your own ip: http://myip.is and send me your IP via PM here in the forums or in Discord.

6. Rowena Belle

Rowena Belle Spearman

Many thanks Kevsoft,
    I was working on it all day yesterday. I will reply on Discord

7. Rowena Belle

Rowena Belle Spearman

Update: I'm back!
    So you, Sir, and PF2K, are now my heroes. Just to update others, I couldn't work out why you whitelisted me, but the link to check my server still said proxy 'compromised'. Digging into the system, I found several proxy accounts that shouldn't be there, so maybe people with this problem should scan for malware. I thought I still had one nasty little proxy critter left, but I've just managed to log in, I'm half afraid to log in again, but will mark this solved. Grovelling thanks.

NCSGeek likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice