Error: Internal Error

Discussion in 'Installation' started by Chriseus, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Chriseus

Chriseus Villager

Hey all,

I open the game via Steam, attempt to login and receive the "error: internal error" message.

I can run the game in offline mode, and I've added exceptions in my firewall for the game, and I've also tried turning my firewall off completely to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Jorge likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. NCSGeek

NCSGeek Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Hello! Try adding exclusions for the game's folder and/or exe files (Including the Celeste launcher) from within all if you're antivirus/antimalware Programs you may have.

4. Wartai

Wartai Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Internal Error is usually caused by a invalid password, that has been the case from that issue I have seen so far, try doing a reset pass, but you wont be able to choose a pass it will be random ..

5. Chriseus

Chriseus Villager

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Still no luck as of yet.

In regards to the password, I've tried resetting my password through the launcher - which says "error: <my account> not registered with any account". I've tried resetting it through the forum, with a little bit of success, the first password change the launcher recognized that it was too small (which I guess is better than error: internal error), so I reset it again with a bigger password and no fancy characters, but it would throw "error: internal error" again.

As for the firewall settings, I've tried temporarily deleting my antivirus, disabling my firewall settings, I've allowed every .exe file within the directory, and I've even tried running it as admin + through numerous compatibility modes with no success.

Guess it's offline mode for the time being!

Hope to hear from you soon.

6. Wartai

Wartai Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Usually alot faster response if you use Discord
    The website and game logins are completely different..
    Reset password will result in a random password. I think with 16 Characters and has to be done via Launcher

7. Chriseus

Chriseus Villager

Got it working!

I was under the impression that the website and launcher shared the same login. All I had to do was create an account for the launcher.

Geez! Silly me.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

8. Conan64

Conan64 Villager

I might have this same problem, but I can't seem to resolve it. I tried to launch, but it stopped remembering my password. I did a password Reset, but when I use the new password, it gives the error, "Error: Not Found". I've retried this three times. I ran game scan in between reset attempts.

I absolutely love this game and desperately want to get back in to my account. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice