SOLVED Issues regarding Multiplayer.

Discussion in 'Connectivity' started by Blackbeared, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Blackbeared

Blackbeared Spearman

Mainly the title, we're having a weird issue. I've been playing this game with a friend for maybe a week or two now, but some other friends also wanted to play. So we showed them the links in regards to installing and to setup their router.

They all did that and it all worked fine. Except for one thing. One of our friends had some issue regarding their port forwarding, something with IPv6 etc, some weird Dutch issue and the prodiver. Dutch thing I guess.

Now he got it to work with this friend of mine, they played a couple of quests and then my friend had to go. So I decided to play with him and another friend to do a small skirmish, learn em the ropes basically.

That doesn't work, for some reason the game "Failed to Launch". And it's only with him, only with him. If I start it with my other friend, fine no issues. But with him it's failing to launch. Is this related to IPv6? Or is this another issues?

He could do missions with one friend, but not with us? Weird issue imo.

2. Loading...

3. NCSGeek

NCSGeek Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

IPv6 can be a headache sometimes. If all else fails, you can use Method #2 of the tutorial (Hamachi) which would likely work since it doesnt mess with port forwarding. Sometimes you can ask the ISP to switch to IPv4 instead of IPv6, maybe he can do that?

Also, try this. Download this port checker tool, and have all of you use it to test port 1000 UDP. (Read the readme file!)
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/chnrv72z0ofcj4a/Port_Checker_Tool.zip

4. Blackbeared

Blackbeared Spearman

Hmm I will link it to him when he gets back, but could this really be IPv6? As one friend COULD play with him, but we can't?

5. NCSGeek

NCSGeek Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

IPv6 wont be the direct cause, no. But it complicates the port forwarding process. It is weird that some of you can connect, but not all of you, are any of you on the same network?

6. Blackbeared

Blackbeared Spearman

Nope none of us are on the same network, we're all behind our own computers / laptops.

7. NCSGeek

NCSGeek Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Ok. Let me know whenever you all get the port checker results

8. Blackbeared

Blackbeared Spearman

Sorry forgot to answer this, it's been fixed. He called his internet company up, and switched to IPv4, checked his ports and now it works fine. So seems like IPv6 was giving headaces, apperently the router of both players need to accept or allowe IPv6 for multiplayer to work. Atleast that was our issue, my router doesn't allow it or I didn't change it in settings but my friends router did.

So he could play with him and I couldn't. So simple but annoying I guess.

9. NCSGeek

NCSGeek Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Glad to hear that. IPv6 can be very annoying, and uses IPv6 isnt even necessary, so you are honestly better off using IPv4 anyway. Cheers

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice