By PF2K on Jun 29, 2023 at 7:33 PM
  1. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]
    Hello there Celeste players! We are back once again with another Developer Blog! This one is a little overdue, but we've had our hands more than full in the past few weeks and are working hard to bring you as much new content as we can.

We hope that you've had plenty of time to try the Gear Dismantler by now but for those who aren't familiar with it, here's a quick rundown of what it is:

The Gear Dismantler
    ====================

[​IMG]

Legendary Materials
    ====================
    With the Gear Dismantler, we also introduced Legendary Crafting Materials. Currently the only way to obtain them is via dismantling Legendary gear, but we plan on creating material recipes for them so that players can produce them in their capital city workshops as well. Over time, we plan on adding more content that will utilize these materials. You can see a quick overview of our plans for Legendary materials below:

[​IMG]
    Note that each of the material recipes will be utilized in the same Advanced Workshop that currently produces the Uncommon, Rare and Epic equivalents of these materials. See below:

[​IMG]

We have recently added a new section to the Gear Dismantler UI that shows you exactly what kind of materials you will receive from dismantling every type of Gear. If you would like to have a look at it on your browser as well, you can check here. (PF2K's sidenote: I didn't embed the image itself in the blog because it is incredibly long.)

Tarsos Questline (and Region) Rework
    ===================================
    [​IMG]
    It's been quite some time since players have been constantly visiting Bahram in his place in Tarsos, and he has been getting richer and richer every week! He has been able to really upgrade his living conditions (and indirectly, but much against Bahram's will, of other inhabitants of Tarsos) by buying himself a full mansion and his own fountain and so many other fancy things.

Once the Tarsos Questline update arrives (in the next two weeks) you will be able to see the new and updated Tarsos in all of its glory. By Hormazd!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (PF2K's personal note: I would hold onto all of my Cheeses if I were you, even the moldy ones!)
    The Tarsos region isn't the only thing that's getting a facelift, though! We are also have been working hard on a complete redesign and rework of the existing quests in Tarsos, as well as adding new ones.

Reworked and Redesigned Quests
    ==============================
    [​IMG]
    Every single one of the existing quests in the Tarsos questline has undergone several redesigns and revisions, including the iconic Holy Man quest. We can't wait for you to try it out!

New Legendary, Elite and Repeatable Quests
    =========================================

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In addition to all of these goodies, the reworked questline will also come with a new unique questline completion reward. Stay tuned for more details on that on the release announcement of the pack!

Additional Warehouse Storage
    ===========================
    [​IMG]

A long-requested feature by the community has been the ability to expand their storage from what was available to them. Unfortunately, we are not able to increase the capacity of existing warehouses (specifically the starting ones for all civilizations, and especially the ones on Pro civilizations (Persians, Babylonians, Norse and - soon - Indians).

Instead, we have managed to increase the maximum number of Warehouses available to each civilization to six, up from five. This, combined with the Gear Dismantler, has already greatly freed up space in players' inventories. We have further plans to help improve this situation, including the possibility of having a dedicated storage for all materials, separate from everything else. Stay tuned for more information on that! (this is also subject to change).

Small Update on the Indians
    ===========================
    [​IMG]
    As some of you may recall, we have been struggling with Unit Animations for the Indian civilization for a fairly long time now. Luckily, we have recently had a member of the community step up and join the development team for the Indians! You may have seen him around under the name BikeAlex88 in the game. We're really happy to have him on-board and are quite excited to show you his work on the next Indian Developer Blog, which is on its way and will be here as soon as it is ready.

He is also very active in the game so next time you see him, make sure to say hi!

The Most Important Part of the Blog
    ================================
    [​IMG]

(PF2K's Personal Note: the picture in the middle was the look she gave me when I asked her when the Indians are going to be ready.)

Thanks for reading, and we look forward to revealing more of the Indians again shortly as we pick up the pace. Please let us know your thoughts and questions below!

All current and future content will stay 100% free and accessible to everyone.

========
    Project Celeste Development Team

What do you think about this week's blog? What would you like to see next? Let us know in the comments below!

========
    The Romans are here! Watch the Overview Trailer.

Project Celeste is completely free and always will be. However, we gladly accept donations for our overhead costs, which are larger than we have budgeted. If you want to support us, you can do so HERE.

Read every Romans related blog HERE.
    Read every Indians related blog HERE.

Tell your friends! Join our Discord HERE.
    ========

2. Loading...

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by PF2K, Jun 29, 2023.

1. Servimomia

Servimomia Woad Raider

Great job, as usual. Love the idea of having dedicated storage for mats.
      And Bienvenido al team, Bicicleta!!
      PS: Limoo is soooo cute... :hearteyes:

Andy P XIII and PF2K like this.
    2. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

I agree with former comment, that a special storage for materials would be much appriciated. I also think organizing the Empire Vault should be possible. I made some suggestions to it here:
      https://forums.projectceleste.com/threads/empire-vault-improvement-suggestion.5621/

Beside that I REALLY like the Gear Dismantler idea since it's so much Legendary items that is REALLY bad or unintresting - hence this at least make it possible to get materials so you can build something useful for them when you have enough instead of just selling them for a few useless coins.

The extra Warehouse is also something I appriciate very much. Sooo nice to see <3

I'm REALLY looking forward to next Indian devblog :rolleyes:

Servimomia, Andy P XIII and Wololoo like this.
    3. frogs.poison

frogs.poison Immortal

Ah, the cute hamster again. Good to see she's doing well

PF2K likes this.
    4. DiscordGod

DiscordGod Villager

Excellent progress, can't wait for more update news on the Indian civilization!
      I am certain it's rude to question when it shall be done and released however...
      Would you please tell us in percentage how much is the progress completed?
      Honestly doubt it's anywhere near 90% done but I would love to be informed.
      Seriously happy and grateful that you keep this underrated video game alive!
      PS: after India there aren't many other large significant historical civilizations besides China that could/should be added, plus many of the potential candidates either are too hard to be implemented (Mayans, Olmecs, Iberians, Thracians, Kushites, Hittites, Scythians, Thailand, Xiongnu, Japan, etc) because they have multiple and various problems for a potential addition. Personally I think after India you should just add ancient China plus a Canaanite (Levant, Carthage, Phoenicia, etc) as the last 2 civilizations in "Age of Empires Online" game to have a total of 10 different playable cultures.

5. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
      Staff Member Administrator

Thank you for your opinion. :)

For the Indians I would say around 70%

Towex likes this.
    6. Robcore

Robcore Spearman

Gogogogo. Great news. I really hope, even if only 100 players seem to play this game per day, it wont die again... I love to come back every once and then.

Towex likes this.
    7. Towex

Towex Long Swordsman

Oh, the 6th warehouse? For the purpose of collecting, I have built five different warehouses in each of my cities. Which type should I build for this 6th one?:)
      Looking forward to future updates of India. Perhaps after India, you could also consider adding a nomadic civilization, like the Scythians. I understand that technically this might seem unlikely, as it can be challenging to alter the existing framework of the game system. Let's consider it as a daydream of mine.
      Regardless, thank you for the ongoing updates to this game.
      LOVE from CHINA

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice