War Effort Quests 2.0

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kulcsos12, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Kulcsos12

Kulcsos12 Hippikon

War Effort Quests are available for everyone at Lvl.40. With these Quests we can exchange our mass-produced materials to EP. This is nice but not the best in my opinion.

Here is a little chart too compare the current and the new War Effort Quests:
    AOEO_WarEffort.jpg

More activity, more reward
    As you can see, in the current game, producing and excanging a Common and Uncommon materials aren't worth it. If you produce Pine Planks or other Common materails, you MUST collect them every day because the workshops filled in 25 hours. And what is your reward? 25 EP per week. Compared to the Rare materials 52 EP per week income, it was a wasted time. With the new Quests, more activity give you more EP.
    • Increase the EP reward (from 5 to 12) for Common material quests (this will give you the most EP)
    • Increase the stack (from 300 to 500) and EP reward (from 4 to 10) for Uncommon material quests (more EP reward in a balanced way)
    Less wasted time
    At now, everyone knows the Rare materials give the most EP but its require the most activity to exchange them. 13 Quests with 12 hours cooldown in a week. And we have 5 other civs. This is require a lots of time but I don't think this should be necessary. We should spend our time to play the game not to exchange the materials, change civ and exchange again. In the original game the War Effort Quests didn't have any cooldown on it. We could complete the same quest 5 times in a row. This should be the same now.
    • Double the stack (from 50 to 100) and EP reward (from 4 to 8) for Rare material quests (income isn't change with this)
    • Remove the 12 hour cooldowns on all War Effort Quests
    Vellum Scripts, Bitumen Glue and others
    We can exchange only the Uncommon materials from the Advanced Workshops. At Lvl 40, the Rare materials are useless in crafting. Why are we can't exchange them in War Effort Quests? 50 materials for 5 EP will be nice and balanced.
    • Add quests for the Advanced Rare materials (50 materials per 5 EP reward)

I think with these changes we can save more time what we can spend with playing while the material exchange will be more rewardable and effective. What do you think?

DraCConiaN, Dealwithit69 and Beb77 like this.
  2. Loading...

3. rtsgamer

rtsgamer Immortal

hi mates,

1080ep daily is not enough on war effort for u ?!

well i must disagree to double ep rewads. maybe add coins ;)

as i said often enough to have a autostack function for mats or whatever else or available on store to buy straight ahaed stacks and not 10/15/20 eachs lol

hf gl all

4. Kulcsos12

Kulcsos12 Hippikon

1080EP daily? Only if you buy the materials with all 6 civs and exhange it twice a day. Are you know the price of your strategy? 144k coins daily! How are you farm that amount of coins in every day after you lose a lot of time with the exchange? And who has time to repeat this method in every 12 hours?
    BTW, I don't want to be SuperRich with these changes. I just want to save some time to PLAY this game. Switching civs and exchange the materials again and again and again isn't fun for me. And I am not alone with this.

5. rtsgamer

rtsgamer Immortal

hi mate, the problem i see on war effort is only the time u re investing not rewads or coin,
    • 1080 max ep on war effort daily u can get is more than enough
    • coin mean nothing in my eyes (in that case), cuz u will get much more coin, when u buy +300k items for 700ep on weekly rotation
    and again, if we had a autostack function or stacks on the store, that would save the time we re investing on war effort and solve the "problem".

greetz hf & gl all

6. Tinendir

Tinendir Spearman

Hi all,

Tbh, it is true that the current system is unnecessarily annoying and needlessly time-consuming.

Very Often i ask people if they want to Play a Quest and they answer that they can't because of War Effort. I don't blame them, it happens to me a lot of time also. The current system push people to choose war Effort over questing.

I think the main probelm is that it's often more rewarding to spend your time doing War Effort (or Playing Quests like Pharaoh, Trade for Mosaic Tiles etc.) instead of playing "real quests" (No offense there, it's just obvisous that playing Pharaoh is not as intresting as playing a Leg quests from Athens for example) . And that is hurting the community. In the other Hand, if Devs make Farming EP too Easy, those high value Items will likely lose value.

Since the Devs have a problem with the auto-stacking, and since Easy EP farming is not a Good Option neither i would suggest :

Option A : Increase the quantity we can buy from Store. For example allow to buy mats 50by50 or 100 by 100.
    Option B : Decrease the amount of mats neccasry for War Effort (for example 500 Animal Hides instead of 1000)

BUT, in both cases, decrease the amount of EP we could farm from War Effort. This could be achieved by 2 different ways :

• A Longer Timer on War Effort Quests : 24 Hours instead of 12 Hours.
    • Less EP Reward forom War Effort Quests : 3 EP instead of 5 for example.

This way, players can spend more time PLAYING quests, and less time doing War Effort. Imo, the bulk of your EP should come from Quests, not from War Effort. On my friendlist, i often see people connecting to only do war effort without playing any quest.

IMO, the whole War Effort System Should be reworked in order to gie more incentive to play quests (Which means Less time spent doing WE). I would even prefer that devs Stop war Effort Quests and increase the Quests EP Rewards. Because as long as the current system is time conssuming, it will be harder and harder to find a coop partner for questing.

Thanks for reading and Have fun :)

DraCConiaN and rtsgamer like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice