Transparent Objects?

Discussion in 'Misc' started by mpwood123, Jul 5, 2021.

1. mpwood123

mpwood123 Villager

Hello guys,

Not sure if this has been answered anywhere but I have just upgraded to a newer system (as my old laptop was 5 years old) and I have noticed that I now cannot see units behind objects (for example villagers behind trees)

Is there an option for this? I am probably being really silly but I had no issue on my previous system!

Thanks all!

2. elassi

elassi Long Swordsman

Make sure Obscured Unit Alpha is not at the minimum setting. It is under Graphic Options> Detail Settings at the bottom

upload_2021-7-5_20-54-11.png

3. CWO

CWO Long Swordsman

If Obscured Unit Alpha is on and you still don't see it then you have one of the many AMD video cards that doesn't support it. This bug goes all the way back to when Microsoft was running the game.

4. mpwood123

mpwood123 Villager

This may make sense as my old laptop was running Intel i5 and my new laptop is now running AMD Ryzen 7

Is that just the way it is? It doesnt bother me that much its just hard to find units where they are hiding in the forests!!

5. t31os

t31os Berserker

Change the unit health bars option, there's an option to show health bars when you hold alt, now you can find units by their health bars without having to have it always on.

HikingMike likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice