By PF2K on Jul 24, 2022 at 2:20 PM
  1. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]
    Hello there Celeste players! Here you can find the details of the upcoming Summer Event for this year, going live on July 26th, 00:01 UTC!

This year, we are bringing back most of the fan-favorite content as well from previous years, as well as all-new gear!

[​IMG]
    You can find every detail regarding what's new in the event in the attached graphics! We hope that you all have lots of fun playing with friends during the event. :)

So let's break down the details of the event in a question-based list:

1. How do I access the special event content?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    =================================
    Note that you need to be at least Level 10 to access the Event content.
    =================================

2. What are the new contents available in the event?

== New Gear ==
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    == Gear From Previous Years ==
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    • Minigame Quests and Legendary Quests.
    • New PvP Quests with AWESOME rewards.
    • Gear, Vanity Gear and Capital City decoration from previous years: The Summer Vanity Set and The Temple of Apophis Capital City building, entirely new and exclusive to Celeste.
    • An Event-exclusive Legendary Building: Library of Horus - allowing you to play previous years' Legendary Quests from the Summer Event after the event is over, once you build this building.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    3. Where do I find the new Quests?
    In the City of Rhakotis.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ==

4. Where can I get the new PvP Quests? Anything special for PvP players?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In Sparta. Remember that you need to first accept the "City of the Sun God" first. Refer to the guide above to see how you can do that.

We are a small community and we are all here to have fun. Please do not ruin the gameplay experience of other players by going AFK in Sparta games, or by doing matchfixing and other abusive behavior. Thank you for helping us keep the Sparta Ladder a fun experience for everyone.

If you see anyone going AFK in Sparta or showing any kind of abusive behavior, please report them to one of our moderators at our Discord Server.

We monitor Sparta activity very closely and will deal with exploiters promptly. This is especially true during Events.

==

5. Can I get every event Item playing only PvP or only PvE?
    Yes! Everything is obtainable by playing either mode.

(PF2K's Personal Note: Play PvP guys. PvP mode best mode!!!)

==

6. What are Summer Points, what can I get with them and where do I spend them?

Summer Points are the special currency of the Summer Event. You can use them to buy Vanity Gear, Capital City Decoration, Consumables, in addition to exclusive Gear pieces all at the City of Rhakotis Store.

==

7. What are the Global Quests?

[​IMG]

They are quests that can be done in any game mode and inside any quest. They include, but are not limited to, the following types of quests:

• Play Repeatable, Elite or Legendary Quests
    • Play Co-op Quests with your friends
    • Play PvP matches for a certain amount of time (Daily and Weekly Quests)
    • Hunt various animals in Quests
    • Defeat special treasure guardians (Guardians of the Solstice)
    • Exchange materials for Summer Points
    ==
    8. How long will the event last?

The Event is planned to be 5-weeks long starting on July 26th, 00:01 UTC and will end on August 31st, 00:01UTC. There has been a timer added to the sidebar on the Forums with a countdown, indicating how long you will have to play the Summer Event.

==
    9. Anything else new?

Some of you may know this already, but we have recently brought back the Visit Other Players' Capital Cities feature! While there are some small bugs left to fix, the feature is back for the most part and functions properly. Try it out!

All you need to do to visit someone else's capital city is type in "/visit [playername]" in the in-game chat (without the quotation marks). Psychosaurus made a small video showcasing this feature that you can find HERE.

[​IMG]

We will soon be hosting Capital City Decoration Contests with lots of awesome in-game prizes, stay tuned!

Thanks for reading, and we look forward to seeing you in-game for the Event! Please let us know your thoughts and questions below.

All current and future content will stay 100% free and accessible to everyone.

========
    Project Celeste Development Team

What do you think about this week's blog? What would you like to see next? Let us know in the comments below!

========
    The Romans are here! Watch the Overview Trailer.

Project Celeste is completely free and always will be. However, we gladly accept donations for our overhead costs, which are larger than we have budgeted. If you want to support us, you can do so HERE.

Read every Romans related blog HERE.
    Read every Indians related blog HERE.

Tell your friends! Join our Discord HERE.
    ========

2. Loading...

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by PF2K, Jul 24, 2022.

1. Aryzel

Aryzel Immortal

@Jpii there is a decent chance that 1-2 additional items might be added during the event, so its best to keep earning materials/points but hold off spending any for a week or two.

Slyrevick likes this.
    2. Jpii

Jpii Spearman

Oh Cool!

3. capiqua

capiqua Villager

should be added in the main post:
      What happens when the event closes?
      What happens after?
      Is the island closed?
      Is any summer-item given after?
      Can you buy the summer-items elsewhere?

4. frogs.poison

frogs.poison Immortal

Rhakotis isn't an island, and while the Summer event is hosted there, it also has it's own questline that's available year-round.

When the event ends, all Summer quests are immediately made unavailable. Nearly all Summer store items are also made unavailable, with only the Consumables remaining available. You also will not be able to turn in any more quests, and will have to wait until the next event to acquire new Summer items.

For the Halloween and Winter event islands (These are indeed Islands), there is a brief period in which you can still access the Island as well as, again, purchase event consumables. However, all other items and quests are made unavailable upon the end of the event.

Note that with the Archive buildings you can play retired quests year-round, though they become normal 6-day CD quests outside of the events, with normal, non-event rewards.

5. capiqua

capiqua Villager

yes, I have confused city with island. I immediately decided not to edit it.

what I have the assumption that I have to buy Library of Horus, to play some quest. I will buy it even if it is not warned about it in the main post.

6. frogs.poison

frogs.poison Immortal

Currently, there are 2 quests available only from the Library of Horus - General Setredet's Demise, a 3 star quest with no bonus objectives, fairly simple but long, and a 2nd verson of Lair of the Crocodile King. Thus, if you are maxing out on Legendary quests currently, you can do 2 extra quests every 36 hours via Archive.

Note that you can visit another player's city and pick up and turn in quests from their archive - Acquiring the archive for yourself is now just a mere quality-of-life addition. For instance, you can type /visit Frogspoison, and then visit any of my cities to accept any Archive quest, and then re-visit later to turn in that quest and get the rewards.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice