By PF2K on Apr 20, 2019 at 7:10 PM
  1. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

Greetings, fellow Celeste players!

We are very excited to bring you the first new feature that is done completely from scratch by the Celeste Development Team, the Spartan Reforge.

What is the Spartan Reforge, you say?

As you know, most pieces of equipment in Age of Empires Online have varied stats. This means that when you find a piece of gear in loot chests, sometimes it can have lower stats than the item's base stats. Well, in case of legendary gear, you don't have to deal with that anymore! Now with the Spartan Forge, you can try your luck at getting better stats on your gear.

SpartanReforgeIndicator.png
    - How does it work?
    First, you go to the Sparta Region. Then you can find the Spartan Forge. Click on the building to open the Reforge menu. Drag and drop your item from your inventory. There you will see your item's Power Level, which is an indicator of how close your item is towards its maximum possible stats.
    ReforgeUIGuide.png
    If you're feeling lucky, press the Reforge button to have a shot at re-rolling your item's stats!

- What currency do I need to use to reforge my gear?
    The Spartan Forge uses Empire Points. The cost for reforging each piece of gear goes up every time you do it, and it is tracked separately for each item.

Once you reforge your item, it can no longer be traded.

- Can I reforge pieces of gear I have already equipped?
    Yes you can!

- Does reforging guarantee that I will get better stats every time?

No - every time you reforge your item, it will completely reroll the stats on it, meaning that you can get better or worse stats every time you do it, and it isn't linked to your previous attempts at all.

- Can I reforge all kinds of gear?
    No - Only Legendary gear can be reforged, and there are some Legendary items that cannot be reforged due to having non-varied stats. These include:

• Cyprus Legendary Items (bought from the store at Cyprus)
    • Alliance Gear (Delian League, Council of Imhotep and Legion of Carthage Stores' Legendary items)
    • Event Gear (Zahhak's Sword of the Undying, Ice King's Gear, and future items)
    • Questline Completion Rewards (such as Athena's Long Spear, rewarded to every player for completing the Athens Questline, and the upcoming Norse Pack's Questline reward)

What do you think about the new Reforge feature? What kind of other new features are you looking forward to? Does any of the upcoming new features showcased at our Development Roadmap for 2019 get you excited? Let us know in the comments below!

Thanks, and see you in the game!

- Celeste Development Team

#1 PF2K, Apr 20, 2019 at 7:10 PM
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  2. Loading...

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by PF2K, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
      Staff Member Moderator

I dropped hints :p

2. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

Ok OK OK Already, I edited it so say it's just a general point. Seriously ?? -"Strawman" ?? LoL I didn't know I had joined a debating society LoL

3. lukipr0

lukipr0 Woad Raider

@ByFstugan if anything I mumbled eloquently in German :p

4. ThunderCat

ThunderCat Spearman

5. ThunderCat

ThunderCat Spearman

I reforged a 7.3 Lens of Menes the stats moved to 7.6 very happy with process. When used correctly the reforge is a great tool. Good Job to the Devs on this one. I am pleased with the outcome. Not so happy with doubling the cost with every reforge,

Andy P XIII likes this.
    6. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
      Staff Member Moderator

Glad It worked well for you! Also glad you used it correctly! I had a similar outcome with a lense!
      Just for the sake of clearing up any confusion, reforge does not double each time, it goes up by 250 each time, so only the first time it doubles :)

7. rtsgamer

rtsgamer Immortal

Hi everyone,

First of all, i like the tool and as always, big thx for all ur work.

Wasted 5k ep by reforging killed me already, so dont kill me again, its just an idea :)

Reforging
      1st. 250ep
      2nd. 500ep
      3rd. 750ep
      4th. 1000ep
      And here for every next reforging same ep cost.

Basically at some point same cost constantly.
      That way, we will get more flexibilty or not?!

I just stopped by 1k ep but it can be another number, something balanced, u know - need to find out the sweet spot :)

Maybe the idea brings u in a direction u dont wanted, but I think it's worth considering and if not, stil okay for me, i will follow the rules ;)

greetz / hf & gl all

Ohh ps: joke, i dont die that easy ;) hehe

#47 rtsgamer, Apr 22, 2019 at 2:55 PM
      Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
      Andy P XIII likes this.
    8. Flutters

Flutters Champion

It's up to people if they want to use this feature or not, I'd just like to say currently even in the best case scenario (you get a high tier item with nerfed stats and only reforge it once) it's very risky and most likely not worth it in the long run compared to waiting and spending all EP on a high tier item with base stats from the EP store then selling them for gold. If you wait for master assassin gauntlets or walls of the architect in the EP store that means 250 EP is worth around 100k or 175k of gold respectively, and if you get a bad roll you have no other choice but to vendor the item because it's not tradable assuming you already equipped the same item in your civ which is most likely the case because there are many things to spend your EP on before you get to the point of looking for heavily boosted endgame gear (storehouses, expanding the empire vault, decoration stores).

If the seed number is completely random with all possible seed values having the same chance to be picked, that means maxed stats are way, way more rare than other stats because only 0xFF is mapped to a max boost. Is this the case or is the algorithm different in a way maxed stats are not as a rare?

Exclusive0r likes this.
    9. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

Why did you think I am German ? Just asking no offence, I found it strange that's all and your idiomatic was not something I heard a lot. And all I said was that gear isn't everything .. which is rather harmless ..

10. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

Flutters, your EP valuation analysis of buying at the Empire store v. reforging seems mathematically correct, but it doesn’t factor in the value of the immediacy of reforging now v. the delay of waiting until the perfect gear comes up for sale. Isn’t the average wait something like 90 weeks?

11. Flutters

Flutters Champion

I have no clue, ever since I started playing about 9 months ago I only saw the gauntlets there once and no walls but I did take a few breaks a couple of times. There's also the manual and bow, they're not as expensive but still worth something. I guess if we don't get anything good from the EP store for the rest of the year I'll spend everything on reforging.

12. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
      Staff Member Moderator

Somthing else, surely people understand that after hundreds of people buy tens of thousands of archi walls, they will not hold the same value anymore.......

13. Flutters

Flutters Champion

It depends on how many of them will be bought once they come to the EP store. If I recall correctly last time we got gauntlets there were like 20 of them in GM and they were all sold in a couple of weeks or so. Considering sometimes it's even hard to find those walls for sale at all and they're by far the best choice on almost every building on all civs I'm pretty sure if they go down in price it won't even last long.

14. Forest

Forest Long Swordsman

Maybe because your profil shows a german flag and it says you are from Munich, Germany.

15. Kenji03

Kenji03 Berserker

Design question: Why do we have random stats at end-game?

When this was an F2P micro-transaction supported game, it made a bit more sense. But these days I'm not sure the point of it. How does having gear that doesn't have the absolute best stats possible at end-game add to the gameplay feel the devs here want the end-game to have?

Ardeshir likes this.
    16. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
      Staff Member Moderator

In short, it prolongs replayability drastically.

Ardeshir likes this.
    17. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Have you guys given any thought to random-stat (not the value, the stat itself) rolls on future item releases? Not expecting to to happen to all future pieces of gear, but having a few items that do work this way could be really helpful with build differentiation in PvE without having to add hundreds of items. Most of the games I can think of that utilize the random value rolls (Diablo, Path of Exile) also utilize random* stat rolls to allow for even further min-maxing off the same pool of gear.

*Even though the stat rolled is randomized, the slot it's in determines what possible stats can be chosen. Often legendaries get one or two bonus stats guaranteed (random value though) that usually arent seen on that item slot, or don't normally roll as highly.

18. CrimsonCantab

CrimsonCantab Berserker

Brilliant idea. I think this adds to replayability much more than just stat value randomness.

19. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

I am not sure I am following. Maybe someone can use an example?

Exclusive0r and Ardeshir like this.
    20. CrimsonCantab

CrimsonCantab Berserker

I think was Ardeshir means is, you could have a Breastplate of Glorious Example, lets say, that first rolls to decide whether it will get cav-armor, inf-armor, or pierce-armor, *then* rolls the actual value for that armor (say, 16.5-18.2% or whatever. maybe different values for each armor type for balance reasons).

You may combine that with another stat-roll, like pick one from (health, damage). Or maybe you do 3 stats (heath, damage, snare), pick 2.

Ardeshir and Andy P XIII like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice