Some ideas about how to Improve the Crete Experience

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tinendir, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Tinendir

Tinendir Spearman

Hello everyone, :)

First of all, I want to thank the Staff members for the Great Job they have done by bringing the game back from ashes. It’s really great to see this game back and such dedicated staff members. Congratz !

I really Enjoy the Crete Booster Pack. It’s fun, it contains content that is easy enough to make any player try and enjoy but also challenging enough (I’m thinking about the Leg 30 waves Quests but also the leaderboards) to push you to consistently improve. However, I think that Crete could greatly benefits from some little improvements:

1/ Seasons Length: The actual Seasons are a bit too long tbh, especially because we are a small community and that after a few weeks there is almost no changes in the Top 25 leaderboards. I think they should be shortened to something like 2 or 3 weeks long. This way, everyone has plenty of time to play, and the seasons still short enough to avoid boredom! Ofc, since the season will be shorted, it would be normal to reduce the prizes =)

2/ Crete Materials: There are several consumables Recipe that are useful, but they can’t be used because they need Crete materials which cannot be tradable. Since:

a) Recipes are tied to One Civilization

b) We can’t learn more than 2 Schools per Civ

It seems logical to allow the possibility to switch Crete Materials between Civs, or even between players! This way we could finally craft these consumables.

Also, it’s surprising that the rewards (materials and EP) are the same no matter which difficulty you play at. I would expect that the higher the difficulty, the higher the reward!

3/ Faster Waves for Elite Meet in Crete: Many players don’t want to play Elite Meet anymore because the quest is so long (it takes around an hour to finish it!). I wouldn’t mind playing an hour-long quest if there is a challenge, but truth is the waves are so slow that there is no challenge at all. It’s so slow that many people are calling this quest “Elite Sleep in Crete” on the game chat. There is a very simple way to fix this issue: Faster Waves. With faster waves, we will face a bigger challenge, and the quest could be completed more quickly. Elite Meet in Crete is the Highest rewards of any quest in the game, we should deserve that reward! Increase challenge please =)

4/ Some of the Legendary Crete Quest are not doable: I spent long time asking on game chat and looking on Youtube : it seems that some of the Legendary Crete Quests are not doable even with coop ! At least, I found no one that could have done them! I enjoy very much challenging content and I am happy that some of leg Crete quests are among the hardest quest in this game. However, every single quest should be doable. Since you guys have access to quests Stats, can you check if all Leg quests are doable? If not, can you tweak some of these quests to make them doable?

5/ Exclude Consumables Use from Crete Leaderboards: Pretty Self-explanatory. People that use Empire Consumable have a great advantage over the other players. The Glory of being on the Top of a leaderboard should only be based on Skill. Not any consumable.

Thanks For reading and Have fun =)

Voidheart and rtsgamer like this.
  2. Loading...

3. rtsgamer

rtsgamer Immortal

i like ur ideas, good job dude ;)

4. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

I have made a couple other suggestions in another post where I also discussed some issues with the prices that was incorrect, so I type my suggestions here also so there are more of this type in one and the same place, I skip the season length since I've said similar and it need not be repeated:

6A/ Remove chest payouts and add "Crete points payout": So maybe like 2k for top 1 place, and less and less depending on position. Top 25 (at least) should all win Crete points.

6B/ Fix two new stores: There should be two new stores with 10 (or more) random items each season (rotating similar to EP-store), one store for Legendary, and one for Epic items. Have them cost a more "true price" (compare to stats from GM if possible) where the most expensive Legendary item cost like 1000 Crete points (so 1st position gives ability to buy two good Leg items that one accually want).
    *This also makes it pay something back for them who do ALOT of Crete maps, so after 40 quests you can buy something good (or much less if you got partly what you need from a lower price on season and want to save up to get what you really want).

7/ Remove the dual-pool prices: As I've got it explained (by Kevsoft) the top 25 positions also gains the "top 33%" position prices. So in order to see what you win you have to add them together. This did not work last season, but I know they look into fixing things with Crete soon (I was position 10, but got LESS reward than the position 10 should have given ALONE). But this isn't about that, this is about that the dual pool prices is something that should be removed and simplified. Here is why:
    There are no information that these positions also get the top 33% price - and if it should be logical one should also get the top 66% and the participation prices since one qulified for both those also, but you don't (even in theory, much less in practice).
    It would be much more straight and simple if you added the reward for top 33% into the top 1-25 prices and any winner only won ONE price from the highest place they could be found in. That way it wouldn't look as it does now, that the top 26-280 (which were top 33% last season) get more coins/EP than position 11-25.
    *To fix this with a text that explains that you should add the top 33% to position 1-25, but not the 66% or the particpation, nor sould you add the 66% and participation to the top 33% price, nor should the participation price be added to the top 66% price ... would just be messy.
    Better to just add them in full to each position and say that each player win the highest price that he qualify for. That way it is visible and clear that higher position equals higher price, and you don't need to use the calculator to see what you win in top 25.

8/ Fix the graphic on the Crete Wonders: Simply, they look like crap. To much red/orange and looks like an early phaze sketch long before the finished product. You got ppl with skills for graphic, seems that the AoEo team initially didn't have it when these were made (or they were in that late phaze when they really didn't care anymore and it was obvious for all who played then trying to report bugs and communicate with devs in general).

5. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

About faster waves. I don't think they should be changed overall. Perhaps there should be another difficulty choice to choose slower-normal-faster waves then, and that also would change the multiplier.

About Crete materials and recipes demanding them. I really agree about that one, really silly that you at least not could move them through the vault. I also think they should be removed from recipes and that the recipes should be changed to only regular materials instead.

#4 ByFstugan, Dec 19, 2018 at 9:20 PM
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  6. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

Hi
    I hope you will not be offended , but my impression is that this would nerf Crete to some extent. It is damn hard and should sty so imho. But whatever, perhaps I misunderstood ?

As my old granny used to say :
    “You can please some of the people all of the time,
    you can please all of the people some of the time,
    But you can't …” … please all the people all of the time”
    (Poet John Lydgate as made famous by Abraham Lincoln).

so 1 why ? You can always have a go, the reason the ladder may not change so much higher to the top is people reach their personal best score. IMHO It's going to get more boring if a new contest starts and people reach their personal best and nothing changes .. you just get the same with a shorter wavelength .. sry but why would yr suggestion change anything but wavelength ?

2) I am not understanding that so I will let it lie .. I it's just part of crete as I can see ..

3) That is again beyond me to comment as I have a different set of friends and no one seems to have an issue with the frequency ..

4) All the more reason not to nerf them , never say never and Not-doable ?? This gives people an incentive to changes tactics and strategy .. this is after all an RTS

5) Errr sorry you might as well remove them from the game .. that is what they are there for to selectively use as part of a strategy ... Anyone can buy them, craft them, use them and every one can earn empire points ... So why ban them ... ?? Taking them away removes an important strategic element .

SO all in all I think you can see that as far as I am concerned Crete is fine and Dev's should focus efforts (amzing job btw ) on their priorities w/o tinkering with something that is not broken.

Don't take this the wrong way .. but as no one answered I thought some feedback was better than being ignored

Peace and Happy AOEOing

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice