Roman language

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by RacketyPurse, Dec 7, 2019.

1. RacketyPurse

RacketyPurse Champion

I want to take a curiosity out of all the civilizations currently realized, the inhabitants or the troops in the movements or in the various actions they perform speak turning in their mother tongue. So I wanted to know even the Romans will talk? and their mother tongue will obviously be Latin, no Italian right?

2. Loading...

3. ABullishBear

ABullishBear Woad Raider

It was stated somewhere that there would not be full dialog but similar "noises"/ short soundbites to what other civilizations do(I don't have a link, might've been in discord), latin is also a dead language so how one pronounces words in it is subject to debate afaik.

There is a reason that in school for courses latin the focus is (almost) completely on the writing aspect, and not pronounciation.

4. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

They will speak Latin.

ABullishBear, I am so pleased to tell you that scholars know exactly how Latin sounded and have even reconstructed words and sounds from languages that have been dead for thousands of years. Linguistics is absolutely fascinating.

Exclusive0r and Ardeshir like this.
  5. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

This is about as short a video I can find to begin the explanation.

Exclusive0r likes this.
  6. RacketyPurse

RacketyPurse Champion

obviously not knowing English well I probably expressed myself badly, I didn't want to open a discussion so turned on, it was just to get rid of my curiosity, of course it's obvious given that I'm Italian and I know the origins of my language. I had formulated the question just to know, if was certainly the Latin the chosen language

7. ABullishBear

ABullishBear Woad Raider

Sure, guess I was misinformed then ^^ the source was my brother who took latin.

All the better for the Romans then I guess!
    Interesting video.

#6 ABullishBear, Dec 9, 2019 at 3:06 AM
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  8. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

I have say I am fecking amazed at the level of detail , art and the works that the team is able to do. It's incredible ..... pity I just got informed that possibly I can go home for 2 days over xmas so a small wait for me for the Romans is nothing. Patience is a virtue and I got a lotta virtue in my vault LoL. 1 or 2 tech her are very nice and let me play sometimes , the others are bandwidth paranoids even though I told them it's prolly less than watching netflix which no one seems to be bothered about.
    But really its incredible what you guys are achieving .... so motivational for me at least thanks

Alzerus and Andy P XIII like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice