problem of connection multiplayers

Discussion in 'Connectivity' started by galyfa, Jan 29, 2018.

1. galyfa

galyfa Champion

Hello and before any one thank you to have saved Age of empire Online. Bravo!
    Excuse I in advance, I am French and I translated on the Internet.
    The game works well but I have a problem of connection, It is impossible to me to play in multiplayers: I can invite friends and they seem good in my game but as soon as I launch a game in " coop" (multiplayers) it does not start. Can you help me svp. Thank you.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - problem connection multiplayers
    1. Atreides
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. hani
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. weisi
      Replies:
      Views:
    4. Pkzeiro
      Replies:
      Views:
    5. MainMan B
      Replies:
      Views:

3. NCSGeek

NCSGeek Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Hello! Dont worry about your english :)

You, and anyone you want to play with, has to follow the tutorial to set up multiplayer. You can find that tutorial here

4. galyfa

galyfa Champion

Hello and thank you for the link. For the moment that does not work yet. :(
    How to play at least in LAN svp? Thank you.

5. NCSGeek

NCSGeek Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The link I provided is the tutorial on how to set up multiplayer. Did you and whoever you wanted to play with follow it?

Also, you can use LAN. LAN is for people on the same network as you are, is that the situation?

6. galyfa

galyfa Champion

Yes we are on the same network. We would like to try to play together.

7. NCSGeek

NCSGeek Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Ok. Since you are both on the same network, you can LAN with eachother. LAN does not require any ports to be opened on the router. LAN only requires the ports to be opened on each PC's firewall. If you only use the windows firewall, you can use my tool here (french version is available! :))

Make sure to run my tool as administrator and read all that it says. That way it is ensured to work.

After you both run that tool, you should be able to set your Celeste launcher's MP Settings to use LAN. When you choose LAN, it will ask for the device to use. Choose the device that is connecting that PC to the network.

8. galyfa

galyfa Champion

Hello and thank you for answering me :)
    If I understand well I have to use "AOEO_Firewall_Config-francais.bat" on each of the pc. How to use this file .bat svp? I have to make right click > execute as administrator and it is everything ?

9. NCSGeek

NCSGeek Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

To use the file, right click it, then click "Run as administrator". Once it opens, read what it tells you to complete the tool. And yes, you do all of this on all of the PCs

10. galyfa

galyfa Champion

OK, I followed the instructions on both pc concerned, but unfortunately that does not work. :(

11. NCSGeek

NCSGeek Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Do any of the PCs use an antivirus? Or any custom firewall?

12. galyfa

galyfa Champion

On my PC, Avast internet security. On the second PC Avast free. I deactivated my antivirus (Avast internet security which has firewall integrated but that changed nothing.
    To make a test, I installed AOE on another pc with another account at home. That there has the antivirus avira. The same problem impossible to play in LAN... :confused:

13. galyfa

galyfa Champion

And I have just tried to play on-line with a friend, that works...
    Then, that works on-line but not in LAN....:eek:

14. NCSGeek

NCSGeek Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Maybe you should come join the discord server so we can work it out there. You can get there from the "Chat" link at the top-bar of this forum. When you join, ask in #help, let me know that you are the guy from the forums.

15. galyfa

galyfa Champion

Ok i go ther, thank you. ;)

16. Krazplay

Krazplay Villager

Are you sure about that ?
    So far I didn't find any information about being able to play on LAN without using Hamashi (like in this thread for example), and there is no information about it in the tutorial.

17. galyfa

galyfa Champion

I had seen well this tutorial for hamachi but that does not work at my home unfortunately. On the other hand my game is not installed under C: but under D: what is what that has an importance? I also saw that both pc on which I wanted to play in LAN had the same IP address, what that is is normal? http://www.casimages.com/i/180208103644278427.jpg.html
    I should can be to try with another IP address for the 2nd PC or to use a VPN?

#16 galyfa, Feb 8, 2018 at 9:42 AM
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  18. NCSGeek

NCSGeek Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The tutorial doesnt include how to use LAN without hamachi yet. I am working on adding that currently. But all you have to do to use LAN, is allow the ports and exe files through any firewalls on each PC. (IF you only use the windows firewall, my tool here handles that for you. Run it as administrator and read all that it says.

19. NCSGeek

NCSGeek Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Hamachi is technically a VPN. Also, im not sure why the two PC's would have the same IP, that doesnt make sense. If you want to come join the discord server, and ask in #help, we can work it out further there. You can join the discord server via the Chat or Discord button at the top-bar of this forum.

20. galyfa

galyfa Champion

Good evening I used your tool for the firewall. But excuse I did not well understand what you want to say concerning the same IP both pc.

21. NCSGeek

NCSGeek Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I was saying that I am confused about both PCs having the same IP. Anyway, after you run the firewall tool, in order to use LAN, both PC's must choose LAN from the Celeste Launcher's MP Settings. When you click "LAN" it will ask which network device to use. Choose the device that is connecting that PC to the internet. For example, if you use Ethernet, choose the one that is called "Ethernet", if you use WiFi, one might be called "Local area connection", in which case, choose that one. If you are unsure which to choose, you can send me screenshots along with details on how that PC connects to the internet. Then I will let you know which to choose.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice