NAT-P issues AUS to North-East EU

Discussion in 'Connectivity' started by Ardeshir, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Hey folks,
    Not sure exactly the scope of places I am having troubles with or will have troubles with, but I couldn't connect to an arena 2v2, and tried connecting arena 1v1 to the host, Goode, who is from Estonia, and couldn't. Couldn't host the 2v2 either (and my net is good, 100/30, 35ms to my ISP 1680km away). I am set to the default NAT-Punchthrough settings and things have been working real smooth (much better 2v2 in all other attempts). As far as I am aware Goode, and the other 2 were also set up for NAT-Punchthrough. Had no problems so far with Western Europe, or North America, but they were the regions I had the best connection to on the old method anyway. I am still noticing stronger delay (compared to other regions), but no drop outs when I play vindicator or other players I think are South American.

Had a question about UPnP, does that need port forwarding? I have mine done from the good old days, but just wanna know in case I try it with other people I have connection problems on NAT-P with.

I'll keep you posted on any other regions I notice problems with in this thread. Obviously I am a bit of an outlier being from regional Australia, and the new system is great. :) Not needing forwarded ports to get newbs into Coop/PvP, and having better luck with multiple attempts on blind queueing sparta to the same group of cross-continent players every other time I've tried has been worth it! Haven't used hamachi since the patch lol

#1 Ardeshir, Jun 4, 2019 at 10:47 AM
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  2. Loading...

3. Kevsoft

Kevsoft XLiveless Dev
    Staff Member Administrator

NAT-P is not a regional thing, rather router depending. Keep in mind that regardless on what method is used (manual/UPnP/NAT-P) it doesn't affect connection speed.

No, because it basically does the port forwarding. However, UPnP is not guaranteed to work given that not all router support it or it is not activated on that given router.

The best thing to find out who has connection issue is to check the "Ticker". For every player it will display to whom the connection was successful. So in a 2v2 all players should check the ticker and see if the connection was successful to each other.

Exclusive0r and Ardeshir like this.
  4. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Hey Kevsoft,
    Thanks for getting back to me about it. I just thought it may be due to latency to the region. I'm guessing my ping is in the upper 300s or lower 400s to most of Nordic Europe, while in the upper 200s/low 300s to the Americas or the rest of Europe. I'd speculated that it wasn't so much speeds, but rather settings around latency tolerance or a stricter timeout across the 3 methods.

Fair enough. I know my router has support for it, but I'll keep in mind not everybody's does.

Yeah, thanks for adding that, it's been a real help in at least establishing who/where I'm not able to connect to.

Like I said, I'll let you know if I find more problematic connections (with other players confirmed to have PvP'd/Coop'd before) cause it's got me stumped lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice