Materials on game reversing

Discussion in 'Misc' started by PancakeDestroyer, Jan 7, 2020.

1. PancakeDestroyer

PancakeDestroyer Villager

Hello, I am last year bahelor in computer science. Untill now I have only written code(php, js, c#, c++, played with react, symfony, etc.). The work that the team(I suppose it is a team of devs) did on reverse engineering this game is magnificent. My question is: I have never tried reverse engineering a game, I heard that you had a copy of the early beta of the game and started from there. Can you give me any materials that I can read and try understanding how to reverse engineer a game/ crack a game. Because I have a game that is really close to my heart, but I have never done this as I said already. But willing to teach myself(I know that this is work for few people, but I want to grasp the basics and if you are so kind to give me ANY materials I will be gratefull). If someone of the devs behind this has materials and sees this, please send me something.

2. Loading...

3. Wartai

Wartai Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The game is still in its original form from when they closed the servers down.
    The Devs here created their own server software to work with the game and also created the launcher to make the game work for us and their server software, as far as how the coding was done I have no idea.
    The server is not not open source but the Launcher is ..

#2 Wartai, Jan 7, 2020 at 12:06 PM
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  4. PancakeDestroyer

PancakeDestroyer Villager

So the only thing created was the server-side software in order to run every game instance? But you cannot help me with how this was done. If I understand correctly.

5. Wartai

Wartai Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I am a Moderator, I cant answer how the coding was done as I dont know how they do it either, Im a computer technician as a job, I dont know enough on how to code this type of Project

6. Kevsoft

Kevsoft XLiveless Dev
    Staff Member Administrator

If you contact me on discord via PM then I can provide you some information.

Wartai likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice