Make a lobby for when player drops

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ByFstugan, Dec 21, 2021.

1. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

When a player drops the game starts a countdown for 90 seconds, then if player is back the game just gives up 4-ever on that dude. I'd like to suggest 3 ways the game would handle this instead, where each next one is likelly harder to fix than the former...

1) Make game wait for unlimited time and have the players have to click a button to give up on the players (so they simply just can extend the 90 secs for choosen time).
    *Perhaps some similar thing can be fixed for when you get kicked out of game without any warning and the game claims the game server isn't online, though it is (so the game don't use the boot so fast, but tries and asks to hold player still in game).

2) Make some kind of lobby that the dropped player can reconnect to and load back into the map he dropped from (needed when that player got kicked out of game and have to restart).

3) Make some kind of lobby that works similar to #2 even in solo-play (also needed when got kicked out of game and have to restart), so that you can get back to a map similar to as when a map is saved in quest log if you made it even if it wasn't accepted when completed it.

I've tried to play Brennos 3 times last 2 days now, yesterday my ally dropped twice after a little bit more and less than 10 minutes, and today I dropped after about 40 mins playing with TMM. Really not funny when it happens over and over. AoE2 had ways to restore games, so I guess it's possible in some way.

#1 ByFstugan, Dec 21, 2021 at 9:16 PM
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2021
    Drag0nstarz likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. frogs.poison

frogs.poison Immortal

Getting kicked from a game is pretty old - Was destroying the last TC on Asgard the other day and then DCd. Whelp.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice