impossible connection

Discussion in 'Connectivity' started by galyfa, May 8, 2019.

1. galyfa

galyfa Champion

Hello for several months I can not connect to the game, I have this message. Can you help me please ? Thank you.

190508051857587277.jpg

2. Loading...

3. Wartai

Wartai Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Ardeshir likes this.
  4. galyfa

galyfa Champion

Oh thank you very much, the game is working again ; ) On the other hand, when I want to play a network with a friend, I can invite him, he appears well in the game but when I want to start a game the game does not start. (I authorized the firewall windows) Is there a setting to do please?
    I have this as default settings.

190509115247506951.jpg

5. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

If you're trying to play with a friend online you need to open ports 1000 to 1005 on your router. Your current WAN setting and Port Mapping settings in menu are fine. If you're trying to play with a friend over LAN you need to set the mode to LAN-only.

6. galyfa

galyfa Champion

Thank you for your reply. I tried to play LAN but it still does not work, my friend does not have the same "remote IP" (we are in the same house with the same box)

190510024148199526.jpg

:(

7. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Because one's an internal address for LAN and the other an external address for WAN. Both of you just need to select LAN and the ip address under ethernet in the menu that pops up.

8. galyfa

galyfa Champion

I do not understand well excuse me, here is exactly what I have:

190510061153290007.jpg

9. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Click save and you're right to LAN with one another. Theres a different IP for each pc on the network.

10. galyfa

galyfa Champion

Ah ... that's what I did but it does not work ... I can invite my friend, he appears well in the game but when I want to start a game the game does not start.

11. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

You may have to use hamachi then. Are you both connected directly to the same router?

12. galyfa

galyfa Champion

Ok, yes we are. I know hamachi but can you tell me how we connect with AOE please. Thanks.

13. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Doing it over hamachi is very similar to doing it over LAN for your own network at home, even when doing hamachi games with people not on the same physical network. I use it when I'm having problems getting 2v2's to start with lobbies of people that do 1v1 on the ladder over WAN normally.

You want to have hamachi installed first like the pc2 picture. Set AOEO to LAN mode once you have hamachi installed and this time both of you click on your hamachi ip that pops up. Save this. Now both of you need to go into hamachi and join a network, any network, as long as you're both on it (usually I'd just create one).

Let me know how this goes, because I'm not sure what else you can do if you have been having problems on LAN even after opening the ports on windows firewall (on the router isn't necessary for LAN, and you'd only be able to forward to 1 pc, and AFAIK port triggering to do multiple at once doesn't work)

14. galyfa

galyfa Champion

Good evening, the situation is unblocked, I just disable my antvirus and we can play local network now. Thank you so much. : )
    Finally I would like to know if it is possible to play with my friend locally and with another friend online? Thank you.

15. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Without Hamachi? No. Only one of you at a time can play with the non-local friend using port-forwarding. To my knowledge port triggering isn't supported.

With Hamachi? Yes. Set up all 3 pcs as LAN-hamachi, and join a hamachi network together and you're good to go.

16. galyfa

galyfa Champion

Ok, I installed hamachi and created a network. So on each pc, at home or online, we have to connect by clicking on "LAN only", then selecting "Hamachi", is that it ?

190513023624903175.jpg

17. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

And join/create a network on hamachi together, you all need to be online in the network in hamachi, but yes, that's all you have to do in the celeste client.

18. galyfa

galyfa Champion

Hello, I often have the message "server unavailable" and the game is cut off at that time. Is there anything to do to avoid this ? Thank you ?

19. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

When is this happening? Trying to get into the game from the client? Or are you being booted off mid game? Or not able to start a new map?

20. galyfa

galyfa Champion

No, it's just by doing a solo quest I play for 10/15 minutes and then it cuts, and I have this message that says "server unavailable"

21. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

Check your internet, sounds like a timeout and reset at the network level. Happens to me when my provider resets my IP, now I know when they do it so I play around it. You get "server unavailable" if your internet goes down or gets reset.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice