Hitbox on certain buildings in the Player's Capital

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Donar, May 12, 2024.

1. Donar

Donar Berserker

Hi, when i build a lot of cities i faced certain buildings with problematic hitboxes:

Extremly large hitbox: Treasury, all crafting schools like cavalry school, archery school, Embassy, Empire Bazaar.
    I recommend to make this hitbox a lot smaller.

Large hitbox: Palace, Crafting Hall, Advisor Hall, Dock and Trade Dock (can't place decorations on land next or behind the Trade Dock).
    A bit smaller hitbox will do. Because on this buildings you actually have to build the decorations first and then place it, somehow the game accepts this more then the other way around.

Just a little bit too big: Gear Hall, Arena
    Just a bit will do but now it is still not possible to place vase etc. directly next to the building.

Special hitbox: Persian and Roman Baluster.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I made this picture to show: Green is the anchor point were the cursor is, Baluster seems to circle around this point. Red is the distance from cursor to Baluster. Yellow is the area, were you can't place anything else. On the other side of the Baluster it is possible to place things near. It would be great if it would be possible to place things on both sides. So that the hitbox (yellow) is the actual baluster not somethings abstract between the Baluster and anchor point.

aceloki, bbgambini and Ardeshir like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

I know part of the problem with the arena (and maybe a couple others in the list) is being tied to a questgiver or other NPC that stands out the front. From memory there's an even bigger discrepancy in their model and the collision box around them for the NPCs than there is for any of the buildings, and it's factored into the initial building-with-NPC collision box.

On everything else and even those buildings that have an NPC it'd be nice for the placement to be a little more friendly though. Don't know if it'll ever be as nice as it is in the editor or in live games where you can place with no gaps but it'd be really cool if it could.

4. Donar

Donar Berserker

Yea the questgiver might be an issue but iirc the Winter Fort is much easier to place down with the risk of the questgiver might not show up. But i don't think players can't realize to place it somewhere else

aceloki and Ardeshir like this.
  5. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Ah fair enough, it's been a while since I put down one of those.

Lol it sux its a choice between the NPC not placing and buildings not being as easy to place in the capital as they are in a match

Donar likes this.
  6. Donar

Donar Berserker

I mean the hitbox of like Empire Bazaar and Embassy surpasses the area of the npc by far. In the case of npc buildings it would do to reduce it a bit

aceloki likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice