Greatly lower the price of pre-level 40 items from vendors

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Aaron, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Aaron

Aaron Berserker

Due to the lack of secondary objectives, non-repeatable quests that players use to level up gives 200~300 gold. However, level 30 items from in-game shop easily cost 2000~3000. So, while these gears are usually an upgrade to what a new player would have at that point of the game, to gear up just 1 slot would take them ~10 quests, which makes them effectively unaffordable. Doing this quest also gives them ~3 levels, quickly obsoleting their gear. The cost of these items should be 1/5th or even 1/10th of their current costs from vendors if we want players to buy more than a few pieces in the entire leveling up process.

RacketyPurse likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Generally the gear in shops is not the best gear players should be using. With the massive increase in leveling speed the old devs introduced after they realized we do not want to spend months leveling civs, it is almost not worth it to spend coin gearing up in excess pre 40. We are currently looking at a way to increase some of the more useful level 10- pre 40 gear to not only allow our great community to help each other selling these pieces to new players that want them, but a lot of those pieces make excellent stepping stones for players to use until a they can afford the final end game polished legendary piece in that slot. Thank you for the suggestion. We have placed some new Celeste exclusive gears in New Celeste regions like The Well of Urd to help players in this transition. Items like Working tools of the North and other gear pieces there. Maybe we could put copies of those in easier to access regions. But yeah, maybe more in some new regions would be helpful :)

4. CriticalCurio

CriticalCurio Long Swordsman

I agree. Anything would help.

I returned in the winter event after like 2 years absence. it was awesome. Love the ice king stuffs. Always had players to play the event quests.

There was like more dozen cool guys. And only one or two were toxic who jumped on me because i was using my 5th or 6th new lvl 40 civ with 300 gearscore and they quit the game saying "you got not gear"... But the most players are helpful and nice to play with. The best thing was in the winter events even if you were playing with a fresh lvl 40 player who know the strategy you could make the objectives together.

Since that i got into gearing with top legendary gears and i usually store some when i got duplicates and if i see a new player is popping up a coop quest i jump in help them and offer them some top gear for free, just to help their progress and tease them of the end game gear efficiency.

The game is amazing with a top end game gear.

Andy P XIII likes this.
  5. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

Welcome back, and glad the event pulled you in!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice