Game Fails to Launch when trying play coop over the same network.

Discussion in 'Connectivity' started by D4ni3lscr34m, Jan 15, 2022.

1. D4ni3lscr34m

D4ni3lscr34m Villager

My Dad and myself are trying to play a coop game whether it be skirmish or a quest and none of it works. I am able to check coop or add him into the Skirmish, but when we launch the game it will just say "Creating Game..." until eventually it stops and says "Game failed to Launch" in the chat box. I understand that certain ports must be open UDP 1000-1005 I believe I read. I have opened all those, checked antivirus and firewall permissions and even went so far to check my router itself which has UPnP enabled. We play Starcraft 2 together all the time with no issues at all. Never had a drop out or as much as even lag. My internet connection is about 900mbps and around 600 - 700mbps on upload so it is blazing fast. Any idea what might be causing this? We can both play solo no issue, but haven't tried playing with anyone else.

2. Loading...

3. CWO

CWO Long Swordsman

In the Celeste Launcher under Settings->Game Settings->multiplayer settings you have to choose LAN Only to play with people on your network. Open ports and UPnP don't matter on LAN but if you still have problems after selecting the LAN option on both computers, check your firewall settings (if you're using the default Windows Firewall, click on the hammer next to the version number in the launcher and click firewall helper). If it still doesn't work, try temporarily disabling anti-virus and anti-malware to see if that fixes the issue.

4. D4ni3lscr34m

D4ni3lscr34m Villager

Tried all that and still no luck. We can see each other in the game and we can add eachother into a skirmish or hit the coop on a quest, but then "Creating Game..." comes up and nothing. Even tried connecting through Hamachi because I have heard people have has success with that, but same problem.

5. D4ni3lscr34m

D4ni3lscr34m Villager

Also I tried to trade with him just to see if that would do anything and it worked perfectly.

6. Kadar14

Kadar14 Villager

I have the same problem but in Wlan, I already reinstalled the game, deactivated antivirus, enabled the firewall, checked the ports, etc. And I'm still in the same.. Help

7. Jazvo69

Jazvo69 Villager

NEED Help same problem

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice