Hello there Celeste players! We are back with another Dev Blog.
This time, we will be having a look at some of the new additions to the game with today's patch, as well as a preview into the near and far future content we have planned for you.
Not too long ago, we added variations for the Water Well editor asset that was introduced to the game with the Roman civilization. Now, due to popular demand, we have made these Water Wells available as Capital City Decoration! You can find these Water Wells in Vanity Island.
New Vanity Island Decoration
PvP Seasonal Quest Line and StatsWe have come a long way from the original game to improve the PvP experience of players, especially in Ranked Mode:
Now, we are adding yet another incentive for players to try out PvP mode; Seasonal Quest Line, Personal Stats and Badges.
- Frequent PvP Balance Patches
- Online Champion Mode Tech Tree
- End-of-Season Rewards
- In-game PvP Guide
- ... and more!
Coming soon, you will be able to see detailed stats of your performance during each Ranked season. Furthermore, each PvP season will be accompanied with a Seasonal Quest Line that will require players to play and win a certain amount of games each season, in order to get additional rewards and Special Seasonal Badges.
We are quite close to finishing this feature, so stay tuned for new updates soon!
Upcoming Content Pack Review and Planned Future ContentAs you might have seen in our previous blog, we have a completely new pack of content coming your way!
- New Legendary Quests
- New Champion Mode Quests (compete with other PvE players on a completely equal playing field!)
- New Minigame Quests
- New Gear (added to all loot tables)
- ... and more!You can read about this content pack in more detail HERE. We are almost done with this content pack and expect to release it within a few weeks. Stay tuned!
As for content after this pack, we've got a lot of stuff coming up! But due to the nature of this project (it being completely volunteer-based and free), it's difficult for us to give you an exact time in which we will be able to finish and release this content. But nevertheless, here's a small list of the things we have planned to be released in both the near and far future:
We will be posting more Developer Blogs as we have more news to share with you about any of these, when it's ready.
- The Indian Civilization (Going to take the longest! We expect to have a new dedicated Indian Dev Blog in the coming week)
- Skirmish Hall Overhaul (Better rewards, unique Gear, possibly the ability to play with the AI and against human opponents AND a combination of these two, reworked UI, and more)
- Optimized Loot Drop System (for both new and veteran players)
- Featured Daily and Weekly Quests
- New Game Modes
- New Quest Pack for casual players
- ... and more!
New Mail Reward SystemAs mentioned earlier in the blog, we have introduced end-of-season rewards for players for game modes such as Defense of Crete and Sparta PvP. Until now, players would receive multiple mails in their mailbox, each containing a single item and/or coin.
Now, however, we have streamlined and redesigned the entire mail reward system so that players will now receive everything in one single mail.
To give things just a little bit of extra flavor, every reward mail will have its own icon in your inbox and its own unique mail header, depending on what type of reward mail it is. See the graphic above for more info.
All current and future content will stay 100% free and accessible to everyone.
Thank you so much for reading, and we will see you all next time!
Project Celeste Development Team
What do you think about this week's blog? What would you like to see next? Let us know in the comments below!
The Romans are here! Watch the Overview Trailer.
Project Celeste is completely free and always will be. However, we gladly accept donations for our overhead costs, which are larger than we have budgeted. If you want to support us, you can do so HERE.
Read every Romans related blog HERE.
Tell your friends! Join our Discord HERE.
By PF2K on Aug 28, 2021 at 2:01 PM
- Similar Threads - Developer Update 2021