Hello there Celeste players! We are back with another Dev Blog.
We've been busy with lots of new content recently and we're going to showcase them for you here today! Have a look below:
Advisor UpgradesAdvisors let you adapt your civilization to your preferred playstyle and tailor your gameplay experience to your liking. With tons of different Advisors already existing in the game, we thought that now would be the perfect opportunity to let players further enhance their Advisor loadouts by introducing Advisor Upgrades: This feature allows you to upgrade your existing Advisors for even bigger and better effects.
There are two types of Advisor upgrades available: one for Legendary Advisors and one for non-Legendary ones.
We will be showcasing the details of every upgraded Advisor in a future blog, but here are three of them as a quick sneak peek!
- For Legendary Advisors: Collect the original Legendary variant of the Advisor, then visit Marcus Pollux in your Capital City to turn the Advisor to its upgraded version.
- For non-Legendary Advisors: Collect ALL four variants of the Advisor (common, uncommon, rare and epic) then visit Marcus Pollux in your Capital City to turn the Advisor to its upgraded version.
- Note: You need to pay Empire Points, Celeste Points (details below) and Coin to upgrade your Advisors, for both Legendary and non-Legendary Advisors.
Being the only civilizations in the game without any Advisor units of their own, it's now time for us to introduce new Advisor units for these civilizations. Details below:
Advisor Units for Romans, Babylonians and Norse
- Veles: All-around Ranged Unit: Age III, trained in the Fortress
- Gladiator: Anti-Infantry Infantry Unit: Age III, trained in the Fortress
- Praetorian Guard: Anti-Ranged Infantry Unit: Age IV, trained in the Fortress
- Pikeman: Upgraded version of the Spearman, moves slower than a Spearman, but has more melee attack range, does more damage to Cavalry and has much higher snare. Age III, trained in the Fortress.
- Accountant: Garrisons in Markets to generate Gold, reduce Caravan Training Time, reduce exchange rates and tribute penalties, and increase Market health. Age IV, trained in the Fortress.
- Lion Tamer: Deals high damage vs Huntables (and Roman Primus Pilus), uses a long-range whip to snare its enemies. Age III, trained in the Fortress.
- Horse: A horse without a rider, high speed, high snare, used to catch retreating enemies. Costs zero population, but has a build limit of 40. Age IV, trained in the Fortress.
- Scout Cavalry: Moves faster than all other scouts, has more line-of-sight, regenerates health and can build Fortresses, Barracks and Watch Posts. Age III, trained in the Fortress.
- Mooseman: Melee Anti-Siege Siege Unit: Fast, cheap, effective vs other siege. Cannot attack buildings or non-siege units. Age III, trained in the Fortress.
- Valkyrie: Anti-Cavalry and Infantry Infantry Unit: Uses both a Sword and a Spear (while wielding a Shield) depending on the enemy type (Sword for Infantry and Ranged, Spear for Cavalry, Priests, Villagers and Siege). Expensive, slow-moving. Age IV, trained in the Fortress.New In-game Currency: Celeste PointsMore details about Celeste Points will be explained in a future, separate blog!
New Capital City Feature: View InventoryWe are happy to announce the View Inventory feature, which allows players to view other players' Inventories by right-clicking their name in the in-game chat, letting them spend their Celeste Points to take items from their inventory. See the graphic below for more details:
Note that this only works for items that can be traded. Untradeable items CANNOT be collected using the View Inventory feature.
We are also working on the next Indian Developer Blog and expect to release it by next weekend.
Thanks for reading, and we look forward to reading know your thoughts and questions below!
All current and future content will stay 100% free and accessible to everyone.
Project Celeste Development Team
What do you think about this week's blog? What would you like to see next? Let us know in the comments below!
The Romans are here! Watch the Overview Trailer.
Project Celeste is completely free and always will be. However, we gladly accept donations for our overhead costs, which are larger than we have budgeted. If you want to support us, you can do so HERE.
Read every Romans related blog HERE.
Read every Indians related blog HERE.
Tell your friends! Join our Discord HERE.
By PF2K on Apr 1, 2022 at 4:36 PM
- Similar Threads - Developer Update 2021