Chat channels mind of their own...

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by ByFstugan, Sep 28, 2018.

1. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

The system for the chatchannels is rather bad and it looses settings from time to time without no real reason - it usally happens between logins or when switching cities.

1) First of all, the thing that makes it loose settings need to be fixed.

2) Second I dunno why there are a way to check boxes for all kinds of channel in one channel, it would be better if each tab/channel was set to one, and one only (then it also coulnd't change to wrong ones).

3) There are ALOT of useless channels, especially the language-specific ones. Perhaps they should be hidden away and just an made in an extra tab for "join/create channel", where they could be found. Also the creation of new channels should be made simpler so it would be easier to invite others to your own channel. Now it's a smaller mess with creation of new tab, joining channel as an extra command and also label tab in order for it to show correctly. There should be a way to link channels for a one-click join also.

4) Also, tabs should have a function that you could turn on/off to make tab blink or in some other way to signal that there are new messages in it.

I'm used to channels system from EVE-online which is a great system, so seeing this is a big step down even if there were no bugs.

rtsgamer likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. Wartai

Wartai Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

1) Known issue
    2) some like to have say Trade in same as General, I used to long ago..
    3) you can delete the ones you dont want. The Devs cant just change anything they want, some things are hard coded in file they are not allowed to change, some would require reverse engineering which would then break the rules set out by Microsoft and close us down. They are trying the best they can.
    If they were allowed to do anything they want with this game, it would be a different story.

Ardeshir and NCSGeek like this.
  4. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

Oh ... ty for answer ... had forgot there was such rules about what could change and not ... seems silly that they would have any opinion about such things, but it is at it is.

5. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

About #3 again...

First of all - I know I can remove them and I have, but recently several friends started to play and I had to help them channel by channel to make them free of the gazillion ones that are there from start making it unnecessesary confusing - also the only important channel drowns in this sea of crap. Hence I suggested they are not there to start with.

Second. If they are hardcoded and can't be changed ... can't you get around that by just removing them all together and make a new chat-system instead from scratch? Then the old could be untouched and instead also unused but still there. Or am I thinking wrong about it?

If correct - perhaps there are other issues that can be solved in similar manner?

rtsgamer likes this.
  6. rtsgamer

rtsgamer Immortal

Im with u... @ByFstugan.
    Chat History gets deleted sometimes. Often happens when im long time logged in and by switching chats.

Another idea is to save the position of any window.
    Example; when i open a store, the window of it overlap my inventory (5xwarehouses).
    That can be different by others, im using x1920 Resolution

Another issue is, that when people logged in long time, somehow cant coop anymore, so they need to restart celeste/game and after the coop works again.

And last point i have is the trade.
    After a broken (canceled) trade with any other player, the register (tab) for quests doesnt work anymore, after new relogging works again.

Thats all i have atm, btw. My OS/win7 (also network) works fine, its setup for AoE and also did the celeste function of repair.

thx for attention, have (a) nice day/drops!
    HF & GL all

#5 rtsgamer, Oct 19, 2018 at 4:31 PM
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    Ardeshir likes this.
  7. Francis Lussier

Francis Lussier Woad Raider

Another idea,

It would be great if the chat configuration would be shared for all the 6 civilisations. I mean there's no need to have a chat configuration different when you are playing on with ur favorite civ versus another one. It's just annoying to have to configure it 6 times. (And still... that's if you don't reconfigure it)

Just like they already have done for the money pouch.

Ardeshir and rtsgamer like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice