Champion Hoplite upgrade giving wrong amount of pierce armor

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Flutters, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Flutters

Flutters Champion

Hoplite's base pierce armor is 25%, reducing 20% of incoming damage. Multiple sources of armor stack multiplicatively, so 25% base and 50% from the Hoplite Champion upgrade should result in 87.5% of pierce armor, reducing 46.66% of incoming damage. Instead, after researching the upgrade it results in 56.25% pierce armor, reducing 36% of incoming damage, just like if the upgrade is giving 25% pierce armor instead of the expected 50%.

8aU7h3n.jpg

2. Loading...

3. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

That is not a bug! Armor is calculated using this formula:

Armor=1-A/B
    (A= 1-Base Armor B=1+Armor Value from Upgrade)

4. Flutters

Flutters Champion

Can you please double and triple check everything or give an example of how it results in 36% of damage being mitigated as shown in the screenshot? I'm getting a bit confused here.
    With base armor I think you meant that 0.20 number from there, right? And with armor value from upgrade you mean the 50% extra pierce armor.
    So it should be
    Armor = 1 - (1 - 0.2) / (1 + 0.5) = 0.4666... which should appear as 0.47 in game. But in that screenshot it's 0.36, just like if the extra armor is equal to 25% when the tooltip says 50%.
    Please correct me if I did a mistake somewhere, I couldn't find any info on how armor works anywhere and I figured it out by myself, maybe I got something wrong.

5. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

It appears you are correct, the tooltip is wrong indeed and it's actually +25% Pierce Armor, not 50%! I will fix this for next patch, thank you for bringing it up! ;)

Flutters likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice