By PF2K on Aug 26, 2022 at 7:01 PM
  1. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]
    Hey there everyone! The time has come to vote for your favorite capital cities.

You guys submitted so many awesome capital cities that we had to increase the number of finalists from 10 to 15! Here are our top 15 picks for the best looking capital cities from the list of submissions. If you didn't make the top 15, don't fret, there will be another chance for you quite soon!

We recommend that you visit these capital cities for yourself in-game before voting. To do so, simply type "/visit [playername]" in the in-game chatbox and visit the player's capital city.

The top 15 capital cities, with no specific order:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Numernabis
    In-game Name: RomRomRya
    2. Greek
    In-game Name: SFR
    3. Caesarona
    In-game Name: Rokus
    4. Wall
    In-game Name: LifeReloaded
    5. Delos
    In-game Name: Lordgarmadon
    6. Ptujransia
    In-game Name: SqarX
    7. Caire
    In-game Name: Heineken
    8. Pharos
    In-game Name: Pharos
    9. Stormcrest
    In-game Name: MechSmith
    10. Avrelianvm
    In-game Name: Damocles
    11. Vindicat
    In-game Name: Frakig
    12. Estakhr
    In-game Name: Johnekaiser
    13. RedWings
    In-game Name: heath11
    14. Kehops
    In-game Name: 4steakdohuse
    15. Ravenna
    In-game Name: KRI55Z
    Honorable Mentions:
    • Rockstrah
    • flowmuzikmado
    • WadeLebron36
    • Taffetatree01 (Dev Comment: Incredible city description!)
    • SHIYUAN
    • VkraM16
    • Donar
    • aceloki
    • ICYGRIP
    • PIPEGR
    • samwise

Vote for your favorite capital city below! And we definitely recommend visiting every one of the mentioned cities for yourself in-game.

There will be more capital city decoration contests soon, this was only the first one!

UPDATE:

The results are in!

#1: City of Caire from Heineken
    #2: City of Pharos from Pharos
    #3: City of Caesarona from Rokus and City of RedWings from Heath11 (tied, both participants will get the rewards)
    #4: City of Delos from Lordgarmadon and City of Greek from SFR (tied, both participants will get the rewards)

#1 and #2 contestants, please PM me here or on Discord to pick your gear prize.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the contest! We will be making adjustments to the qualification, assessment and reward system based on community feedback for the next one. If you didn't win this contest, don't lose hope, you can always participate in the next one!

If you have any suggestions on how we can improve future contests in any way, please comment below. We'd love to hear your thoughts!

All current and future content will stay 100% free and accessible to everyone.

========
    Project Celeste Development Team

What do you think about this week's blog? What would you like to see next? Let us know in the comments below!

========
    The Romans are here! Watch the Overview Trailer.

Project Celeste is completely free and always will be. However, we gladly accept donations for our overhead costs, which are larger than we have budgeted. If you want to support us, you can do so HERE.

Read every Romans related blog HERE.
    Read every Indians related blog HERE.

Tell your friends! Join our Discord HERE.
    ========

#1 PF2K, Aug 26, 2022 at 7:01 PM
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2022
  2. Loading...

?

Pick your favorite Capital City!

Poll closed Aug 30, 2022.
  1. Numernabis

1.1%
  2. Greek

4.6%
  3. Caesarona

6.9%
  4. Wall

3.4%
  5. Delos

4.6%
  6. Ptujransia

3.4%
  7. Caire

29.9%
  8. Pharos

28.7%
  9. Stormcrest

1.1%
  10. Avrelianvm

1.1%
  11. Vindicat

1.1%
  12. Estakhr

2.3%
  13. RedWings

6.9%
  14. Kehops

2.3%
  15. Ravenna

2.3%

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by PF2K, Aug 26, 2022.

1. Donar

Donar Berserker

Good luck to all the contestants!

2. RomRomRya

RomRomRya Villager

Here are some completely astonishing metropolies! May the best win!

Lordgarmadon and Salem like this.
    3. Johnekaiser

Johnekaiser Villager

Good luck to everyone In the Contest, Remember to visit each player's city to truly see their work and cast your votes. You may not see it but I've added an Arena where every civ has come to partake in contests and skermishes for glory and prizes, I was Inspired by the Persians Wonder "The Gate of All Nations" and of course my Babylonia Village as well

4. Lordgarmadon

Lordgarmadon Spearman

I didnt even know the voting started. Good luck to all capital city decorators out there! :) Btw saw my capital city in number 5 omg thats such a honour to be in the top 10/15:D

5. Maki Evil Zero

Maki Evil Zero Spearman

6. Donar

Donar Berserker

Visit my greek city for winner of hearts XD

Lordgarmadon and Maki Evil Zero like this.
    7. frogs.poison

frogs.poison Immortal

@PF2K the links to heath11 and KRI55Z's cities are just taking me to the contest post, not to their individual submissions.

KRI55Z's link is https://forums.projectceleste.com/threads/capital-city-decoration-contest-1.5691/page-2#post-17696

I was unable to find heath11's submission in the forum, but may have overlooked it.

Also, is it permissible to discourage votes for a particular contestant?

@4SteakDÔhuse your imgur link isn't working for me, though imgur has always been finicky for me, so idk if that's an issue.

KRI55Z likes this.
    8. SHIFENG

SHIFENG Long Swordsman

;)congratulations

Lordgarmadon likes this.
    9. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
      Staff Member Administrator

The results are in!

#1: City of Caire from Heineken
      #2: City of Pharos from Pharos
      #3: City of Caesarona from Rokus and City of RedWings from Heath11 (tied, both participants will get the rewards)
      #4: City of Delos from Lordgarmadon and City of Greek from SFR (tied, both participants will get the rewards)

#1 and #2 contestants, please PM me here or on Discord to pick your gear prize.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the contest! We will be making adjustments to the qualification, assessment and reward system based on community feedback for the next one. If you didn't win this contest, don't lose hope, you can always participate in the next one!

10. KRI55Z

KRI55Z Villager

Congratulations for everyone who reached top 15.

A suggestion:

Only 87 people voted, but around 1600-1700 people have seen the thread.

When Pharos's and Heineken's votes started rising, the whole competition felt like, was only between them. To me it looks like people only voted to decide which one of the two players gets 1st place.
      For my personal opinion, there were other cities as well, who had the chance to go for these places.
      (I'm not against Pharos or Heineken. Congratulations to them, they totally deserve it!)

Everyone has a different taste when it comes to design. I belive if more people would have voted, there would not be such a high gap between 1st/2nd and the rest of the competitors, who also had great cities.

To encourage more players to vote, there could be some kind of a giveaway between those who took the time to take part in the voting.

Lordgarmadon and R. Jongeneel like this.
    11. Taffetatree01

Taffetatree01 Spearman

Congrats to all the winners. Was a sight to behold.. Wonderful to see beauty among cities, as always

Lordgarmadon likes this.
    12. Slyrevick

Slyrevick Hippikon

I think it's because Summer event was closing and many players probably decided to complete it instead of visiting cities.

KRI55Z and Lordgarmadon like this.
    13. Lordgarmadon

Lordgarmadon Spearman

Im honoured mate but this morning I started redecorating my capital atm its kinda bad maybe only the other guy should get the reward I thought since no one voted for delos that much I should make it better so my new design might win next time. But if it doesnt matter that I started changing my capital this morning then Id accept those rewards :) also congrats on all the capital city decorators out there with their amazing cities!

14. Maki Evil Zero

Maki Evil Zero Spearman

15. KRI55Z

KRI55Z Villager

It's a possibility.

Anyway, it was fun preparing for the competition. I'm looking forward for the next one. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice