Cannot play the game since latest updates...

Discussion in 'Misc' started by Ninjazz, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Ninjazz

Ninjazz Villager

So I've not played in a couple of weeks, and I come back and there's a small update.

Suddenly I have nothing but crashes when I play, and I can't even finish a single simple mission before it crashes to my desktop, usually with an annoying repeating sound glitch that won't stop until I restart my computer.

I tried doing a full rescan and all that jazz, of course. No effect.
    I have no idea what's going on, as I have not installed anything on my computer since last time I played (neither software nor hardware) and to date I've had nothing but rock solid performance from the game. I was streaming the game only a couple weeks ago!

The only conclusion I can make is that there's something new in the game updates that really hates my system.
    There's no error messages or anything either. Just back to desktop, and that annoying sound issue. (Which may be my only clue, and I've never seen before in ANY game.)

Any advice? (For the record I'm quite a bit above the "turn it off and on again" advice.)

Giantboi24 likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. Wartai

Wartai Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Try enable Diagnostic Mode in the launcher, which is in Tools > Game Settings ..
    Play until it crashes, you should find the crash dump files in your Documents\Spartan\MiniDumps folder. Disable the Diagnostics Mode after use..
    Zip/winrar the files and upload them here or may be quicker if you join our Discord channel (link at bottom of this site, or in launcher) and msg me with the file and I will try get a Dev to look into it .
    It may be a good idea to include the Xlive.log file, which is in Documents\Spartan .

4. Ninjazz

Ninjazz Villager

I've been trying to do this for a while now, and no dump file is created. There was one in there from earlier before I tried enabling diagnostic mode, but it's just a blank file.

Another interesting tidbit, I am unable to relaunch the game after it crashes until I reboot, and there's nothing I can find game related in the task manager to kill try to fix that (or the noise issue)

5. Ninjazz

Ninjazz Villager

I did just remember there was a windows update a few days back.

6. Wartai

Wartai Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Make sure Diagnostics mode isnt running after using, it tends to bug after first use and stops the game running

7. Ninjazz

Ninjazz Villager

Ok, little update, I think the windows update turned off my administrator mode (since Win updates like to wreak havoc on all manner of things on my PC)... I got the idea after the diagnostics weren't working that it might be related to Admin mode in windows, so I checked it and sure enough, it was no longer on. So I switched it back on, hoping that would fix the dump files not showing up, and started the game again.... and played a mission just fine.
    Now quite bothered because I'm not sure if that was an actual FIX, or if it was just a coincidence that it didn't crash for once when I did the mission. Either way I'm not a fan of having that, or the "Non Admin Mode = Crash" hanging over my head. I will try to update if it does it again while I'm in admin mode, and Ill try diagnostics again beforehand.

8. Wartai

Wartai Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Hope all goes well, fingers crossed :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice