Britannia : Consumables - Are they Cheating ?

Discussion in 'PvE General Discussion' started by Exclusive0r, Mar 9, 2024.

1. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

Hi Community
    Going great guns at the current time - Britannia - what a great addition - many many thanks
    However, as I worked thru the normal quests for each Civ - I had a great time. Each Civ has it's strong points and weak points (no siege ships, squishy infantry , weak ranged .. blah blah you get the picture) , this makes the strategy entertaining.

Then the "elite" great time had by all

But Legendary - wow ... having only one hand and a modified mouse doesn't help .. but I can't get through on every civ. I have to resort to 'Labour of the Empire' and in some case 'Fruit's of the Empire', "siege of the empire" etc
    Well it's at least getting rid of my massive EP hoard (well into 10' of thousands)

My Dilemma But is it cheating ???

Getting loads of resource on a tight map at age III
    Getting a boost of villagers in the beginning

I kind of splurge on consumables like I haven't before ....
    I didn't think of it B4 (which is why I have so many EP), but the team made such beautiful maps.
    I kind of get the impression Kire gave some restrictions on market runs, resources etc and I am not respecting that on on some maps with some civs .... by using consumables ....( i have made several maps myself , maybe I'll publish them - the Argonauts and the Golden Fleece and Death of Alexander )

Anyway, beautiful maps, interesting quests , a challenge by each Civ

Thank you Team

So thoughts, share them - are consumables cheating? let me know ...
    Great community, which kept me going through my many Chemo treatments
    Have fun kill those reds

2. Loading...

3. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Hey Ex, hope you're doing well.

I think it's not really cheating because it's a game mechanic. Only going to be a cheat if you want to claim you're doing the fastest time without consumables when you are actually using them. Otherwise, enjoy the extra boost from them!

I should hurry up and finish buying all vanity for all civs so I can spend the rest of my EP on consumables ;)

Exclusive0r likes this.
  4. Slyrevick

Slyrevick Immortal

Considering your "hand" situation, that's definitely not cheating !

Exclusive0r likes this.
  5. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

Thanks Ard (hows yr back btw ?? )

'hmm I think the star rating on elite maybe could do with a re think for new plyrs
    (still playing yr maps btw)

6. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

Thanks ... it's not bad I have a special weapon - my modified mouse loL

Slyrevick likes this.
  7. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

The past 9 months or so it's better than it's been for a decade, thankfully. Still have bad days and weeks from time to time, but having to lift heavy and often at work helps keep the inflammation down. Neck and back tightness from driving for delivery work is much nicer than neck and back tightness from taking and transferring sales calls all day too lol

Star rating for which elites in particular?

Thanks for playing my scenario maps. One day I'll add some more and fix/rework some old ones, one day... :D

8. knyght_byte

knyght_byte Spearman

Just wanted to say, definitely not cheating. They are part of the game, both Empire and Craftable/droppable consumables. Some folks have spidey-senses and can build 30 things while eating a cheeseburger and doing their online food shop, others maybe not so much…lol.

As mentioned, if you claim to do a quick time while using a consumable but saying you didnt, thats dishonest. But simply using the consumables to complete quests you struggle with (regardless of reason) is not cheating, and sometimes can help a player to improve by getting further in the quest and understanding its mechanics.

I suffer from a myriad of physical issues, chronic back and joint pain, both arthritic and otherwise, plus tendon and ligament issues, ever since I was a child, but I’ve persevered and generally manage to do quite well when I shouldn’t be able to. I used to play CounterStrike:Source at euro clanbase competition level, but after each competitive game, wow did I need some pain relief haha.

Now, at the grand old age of, well, I saw Transformers The Movie (animation) in the cinema, I enjoy playing this game so much, like I did when it first came out, but I cant do what i used to. So, me and my coop friend who I used to CS:S with, play legs, but with the 4/5* Celeste ones, we tend to use labour and resources of empire, that way we get to have fun taking out the enemy without feeling old and decrepit :D We still get bugger all rewards in the chests, but thats just bad luck :D

Play the game however you want, however makes you happy. Dont worry about the hardcore players who can complete Invasion of Rome using just their engineers as an attack force and building storehouses instead of fortresses. Just enjoy it….

Exclusive0r and Ardeshir like this.
  9. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

Well some improvement, I know how back issues can make you crazy. When I was lying in a hospital I lost my muscles ... so all the best from a winging Pom :p

Well a 1 star rating for some like Mona , if you don't have siege ships, or your ships are not fully loaded with top gear, I imagine for someone who doesn't have all civ's at 40 and the best gear / advisors possible. I think in some 1 star quests the enemy is a tad OP IMHO. I beat them, but then my gear/ advisors is top range after all these years , nothing lacking. As I said sometimes I had use consumables:p:p.

I like your maps, I mess with them a little bit and I made the "Golden Fleece" Scenario (6 quests) , by learning on your maps . Maybe I upload it when I manage to iron out the creases :)
    Thanks mate

Ardeshir likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice