- Now has a Baseline Snare Resistance of 0.75> Balance Team's Comment: With this change, War Elephants will be just as slow as "slower" Cavalry units (such as Cataphracts and Hippikons) when snared, but still slower than other Cavalry units when not snared.Chariot Archer:
- Hitpoints increased to 300, from 280.> Balance Team's Comment: Chariot Archers are not being used very often currently so we are trying to incentivize players into training them more often by making them a bit more survivable.
- DPS decreased to 20, from 25. Bonus vs Ranged increased to 3.5x, from 2.75x> Balance Team's Comment: Carpentoms are the Celts' ultimate lategame weapon. With high mobility, Splash Damage and lots of Pierce Armor, they are a true force to be reckoned with. However, we feel like they are overperforming against non-ranged units currently, so we are making them a bit more specialized in their role. We realize that this nerf might not be enough and will be keeping a close eye on them for potential further adjustments.--------------------
- Charge cooldown granted by Lancer Champion increased to 15 seconds, from 10 seconds.> Balance Team's Comment: Lancer Champion is arguably the biggest power spike in the Babylonian Age 3 arsenal, granting Lancers a charge attack that lets them close the distance on their target very quickly and deal massive amounts of damage upon reaching them. However, this has lead to a tactic where people "kite" with their lancers, charging and then retreating for the charge cooldown to go off and then doing it again. We are increasing the cooldown between these charge attacks to make this tactic a bit less powerful.
[Tech] Lancer Champion:
- Now grants 2.5x bonus damage upon charge impact, from 2.75x> Balance Team's Comment: See "Lancer".
- Food cost increased to 30, from 25. Gold cost decreased to 30, from 35.> Balance Team's Comment: Babylon has the fastest Spearman rush in the game. They also have the most gold-heavy Spearmen in the game. This leads to them having to heavily invest into their Spearman rush, should they decide to go for it. But this often leads to players having no gold for upgrades such as Handsaw. This change keeps the total cost of the Babylonian Spearman the same, while making them a bit less Gold hungry.
- DPS increased to 9, from 8. Bonus vs Infantry decreased to 2.25x, from 2.5x> Balance Team's Comment: Babylonian Bowmen are not seeing play too much currently, and that's partly due to Lancers ability to deal high amounts of damage to everything while also being able to deal with infantry units just fine on their own. We're making the Bowman a bit more well-rounded so that they get used more often, while making sure their effective damage against Infantry units remains the same.
- Hitpoints increased to 750, from 500.> Balance Team's Comment: Gardens are one of the best raiding targets when attacking Babylonians. They are expensive Buildings that also take quite a bit of time to build, and with their increasing cost, the Garden that you kill is always the most expensive one. But we feel like they are a little too easy to kill, particularly in the lategame where Armory Upgrades come into play, so we are making them a bit more survivable.--------------------
- Hitpoints increased to 1250, from 1000.> Balance Team's Comment: See "Garden". Same reasoning applies here.Skirmisher:
- DPS increased to 6, from 5. Line-of-Sight increased to 22, from 20.> Balance Team's Comment: Skirmishers got an increase to their Range in a previous Balance patch, but their Line-of-Sight remained the same, meaning they were the only Archery Range unit with Line-of-Sight equal or lower than their Attack Range. So we're fixing that while also giving them a bit more DPS.
- Lions, Crocodiles and Bears: DPS reduced to 10, from 12.
- Lynx and Wolves: DPS reduced to 8, from 10.
- Rhinos: DPS reduced to 6, from 8.> Balance Team's Comment: Aggressive Animals have always been a nuisance for players in PvP games, sometimes even affecting the outcomes of early game battles, so we are making them a bit weaker to reduce this effect. We will be keeping an eye on them and will make further adjustments as needed.Herdables:
- Auto-Convert Range (the range at which your units can capture Herdables) increased to 10, from 8.> Balance Team's Comment: More Sheep wars. Let's go.
Remember, as always, these changes affect Champion PvP (And Champion Skirmish) mode ONLY and do not affect Quests, Regular Skirmish Mode, Crete or Geared PvP!
You can also see the entire Champion Mode Tech Tree (for all civilizations) here!
Feel free to discuss the changes below!
By PF2K on Jan 10, 2021 at 3:27 PM
- Similar Threads - Balance Update #22