- Hitpoints increased to 420, from 400.> Balance Team's Comment: As the most specialized anti-Cavalry Cavalry Unit in the game, Prodromos demolish other Cavalry units in Age III with ease. However, we feel like they die too easily to other Units. This change should help them a bit with that, whilst keeping their hitpoints less than other Units of the same type from other civilizations. We will be keeping an eye on this change and will make further adjustments as needed.--------------------
[Tech] Ptolemy's Masonry:
- Functionality Changed: Now decreases War Elephants and Elephant Archers' Train time by 25%, instead of decreasing the cost and build time of Fortresses. Tech name changed to "Ptolemy's Might", Cost decreased to 200w, 200g, from 250w, 250g. Research time increased to 80s, from 60s.> Balance Team's Comment: This upgrade rarely saw use since its addition. We're taking a different approach to it to see if it'll be more popular this way.--------------------
- Hitpoints reduced to 470, from 480. Training Time reduced to 17 seconds, from 17.5.> Balance Team's Comment: As the most all-around Age II Cavalry in the game, Asabara reign supreme in the early game, giving the Persians a nice way to secure an advantage for themselves leading into Age III, whilst scaling very well with their Champion upgrade. We're toning their power level down a little bit. This change will directly impact Asabara Champions too, as one of the major components of their Champion upgrade increases their hitpoints, which also gets affected by the lower base hitpoints that they now have.--------------------
- DPS reduced to 15, from 16.> Balance Team's Comment: These guys hit a little too hard. Now they will hit a little less too hard. We'll keep an eye on this change and make further adjustments, as needed.--------------------
- No longer need to research an upgrade to increase Gardens' build limit by 2 in Age 3 and Age 4. Instead, aging up to Age 3 and Age 4 grants +3 max Garden build limit, from +2.> Balance Team's Comment: Gardens are an essential tool for the Babylonians to ensure victory. However, we feel like their scaling into the lategame is a little too strong. Initially, we tried to limit this by putting extra obstacles towards getting the maximum amount of Gardens, but at the very lategame, this doesn't really matter. We are taking a different approach this time; we have removed these two upgrades (so they are just like the PvE version once again), however, instead of getting 4 extra Gardens per Age, the Babylonians get 3. This will make them end up with 10 maximum Gardens instead of 12, which is more in line with what we ultimately had in mind. We are still not done with Gardens, however. Based on their performance after this patch, we may consider changing their scaling per Garden.--------------------
- Now have a bonus multiplier of 0.1x vs Priest Units> Balance Team's Comment: While this might seem like an unnecessary and strange change, it actually matters a lot in the early game, particularly against Egyptians. Currently, Scouts do less damage to Storehouses and Villagers in order to keep their strength in check in the very very early stages of the game. However, they still do their full damage to the Egyptian Priestess of Ra, of which there is only one available in Age I, which means she cannot heal herself back before the Bronze Age, discouraging players from using her in early game defense. This change should help address this issue a little bit.--------------------
Remember, as always, these changes affect Champion PvP (And Champion Skirmish) mode ONLY and do not affect Quests, Regular Skirmish Mode, Crete or Geared PvP!
You can also see the entire Champion Mode Tech Tree (for all civilizations) here!
Feel free to discuss the changes below!
By PF2K on Apr 21, 2020 at 9:45 AM
#1 PF2K, Apr 21, 2020 at 9:45 AMLast edited: Apr 21, 2020zenorhk, Reyjaguar, Andy P XIII and 2 others like this.
- Similar Threads - Balance Update #19
Balance Update #23PF2K, Feb 3, 2021, in forum: Patch Notes
Balance Update #22PF2K, Jan 10, 2021, in forum: Patch Notes
Balance Update #21PF2K, Nov 7, 2020, in forum: Patch Notes
Balance Update #20PF2K, Jul 26, 2020, in forum: Patch Notes
Balance Update #18PF2K, Dec 27, 2019, in forum: Patch Notes
XenPorta 2 PRO © Jason Axelrod from 8WAYRUN
Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by PF2K, Apr 21, 2020.