Casual Complaints about Romans

Discussion in 'PvE General Discussion' started by DrFyodor96, Jun 28, 2023.

?

Are Roman Missions too hard? Or am I just bad?

1. Yes, they are hard

50.0%
  2. No, they're Easy

12.5%
  3. Maybe its a you problem

37.5%
  1. DrFyodor96

DrFyodor96 Spearman

Hello, to start off i am not great at RTS but i love them regardless. I am no build order or shortcut god and just cant wrap my head around that.
    And I played this Game on and off since it came out.

I recently tried my Hand with the Romans, and I am really struggling with their Quests. I know most of you are demi gods, or atleast decent at this Game but damn do most missions kick my ass.

With other civs I dont have that problem, i play mostly Babylonians and i am doing pretty well even with a suboptimal unit composition (Bowmen and Shield bearers, with the advisors in 2nd and 4th that boosts shield bearers) In most Missions i tried. If I lose I can mostly tell what I did wrong or I know when to expect an attack and can prepare.

But with the Romans I feel like its been designed for good players who are auto piloting the first 5 minutes of each match, because I get overwhelmed before I even have a functional economy up and running. Especially that one mission where you need to defend multiple towns but cant lose more than 1, damn that mission is impossible for me.

I know this Game is played by a small community of mostly dedicated players who probably breeze through most missions with no problems, but I feel there is some need to rebalance the Roman missions so filthy casuals, or people who cant get build orders into their Head (like me) can enjoy them aswell.

Or maybe the Civ isnt my cuppa tea, I dont know.

Another thing I wanna mention is that I appreciate all the work you guys put into reviving this absolute GEM of a game, and i thank you deeply for bringing it back.

And to finish it off I wanna do a poll of what others think, if the Roman missions are too hard or not.

aceloki and Ardeshir like this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Casual Complaints Romans
    1. Ardeshir
      Replies:
      Views:

3. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

Do you mean the Roman campaign or the Celtic Invasion of Rome legendary quest pack?

4. DrFyodor96

DrFyodor96 Spearman

Sorry, i meant the Roman Campaign

5. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

While the Roman campaign is indeed designed to be harder than the other civilizations, it should still be pretty manageable for almost everyone. Which quest(s) are you particularly struggling with?

Ardeshir likes this.
  6. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

It is noticeably harder than the Celtic, Greek and Egyptian exclusive questlines/campaigns and intended to be, but I've wondered at times if the most difficult parts of it may be slightly too cutthroat. I remember "not safe for work" just about requiring COOP to do back in 2021.

7. DrFyodor96

DrFyodor96 Spearman

Pest Control and Not Safe for Work is where i butt my head against
    I might try to persuade someone to co-op them with me but yeah

Edit:
    I have overcome Pest Control (with coop) and the missions after that are waaaaaay better

#6 DrFyodor96, Jun 29, 2023 at 12:06 PM
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2023
  8. knyght_byte

knyght_byte Spearman

The Roman campaign is definitely a step up, it’s kind of like what Celeste did with Athens, made it more about action quickly, rather than turtle power! It was a refreshing change, but it does catch you out until you get used to it lol.

Glad you overcame it and got into enjoying it! The Celeste team did a fantastic job with it, I loved doing it, and im not a hardcore RTS gamer these days (was many many many years ago), but once you get the tactics, you can overcome!

Big tip, save up for Ra’s Hammer of the Solstice for your engineer, he becomes a GOD with it lol

Ardeshir likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice