Woad Raiders horn.

Discussion in 'PvE General Discussion' started by purpleganja, Nov 8, 2019.

1. purpleganja

purpleganja Berserker

I am trying to weigh crit versus damage on the horn (25%crit vs 37% damage ish on mine).
    Clearly the damage horn would give a higher average damage, but the woad raiders strategy seems to favor charge, burst and die rather than living long enough to average out the damage (Does charges even crit?).
    Is it worth to sacrifice 12-13% average damage to focus on the strategy (like some archers sacrifice damage for range even if not quantified on the item in this case)?

When I play, I prefer crit and feel it to be more effective, but I might be biased.

What is the concensus on this if there's one?

2. Loading...

3. FinishedBlock21

FinishedBlock21 Hippikon

Full damage in woads is best in my opinion. I used to have critical on them when I first leveled them up but I noticed a difference when I switched to full damage. Best thing to do is run a quest twice (mileto would be perfect for this) with both gears and see for yourself.

4. purpleganja

purpleganja Berserker

Yeah, Im pondering this with lvl 40 30% crit/life advisor active and it increases my bias toward focusing on crit!
    I ran a couple games alternating crit and damage and I felt that the explosiveness nature of crit made more woads survive to strike another time because they oneshot them before they oneshot us.
    While hitting walls and castle, it was hard to tell the difference, but it was probably better with higher average damage.

5. FFNEZ

FFNEZ Woad Raider

experimental build: hp
    frozen axe+ endurance horn for a better bonus hp from its advisor

6. purpleganja

purpleganja Berserker

Nice, how high the hp go?
    It sounds to go in an opposite direction of the strategy of a stream of expendable units tho, but i bet it works anyway!

7. FinishedBlock21

FinishedBlock21 Hippikon

Hp gear on woads is not a good idea. They are a low hp unit, they do high damage and die fast, so damage gear makes more sense for them.

8. FFNEZ

FFNEZ Woad Raider

low hp? i have my woad with epic gear similar as i mention and they go with 750hp and 55 dmg with advisor. also in this game hp build favors tank builds and effective hp

9. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Certain units are better DPS and others are better used as tanks. You would not outfit your ranged units to tank for example. A lower HP unit with a huge boost in HP is still a low HP unit. But, a unit with high HP with a huge HP bonus is a massive high HP unit. A Woad is not in a good starting position to be outfitted to tank. Far better to take advantage of the damage and crit they do

10. FFNEZ

FFNEZ Woad Raider

well yes but that not a reason to die vs a leg archer or vs massive building arrows when you go mass woad with vs building dmg+ augur ritual strat

11. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Whatever works for you. I was just trying to explain better why finishedblock said what she did. Makes perfect sense. 1 boosted 75% is 1.75, 100 boosted by 75% is 175, but, If the HP woads are working for you, that is all that matters ;)

#10 Jeinx, Nov 10, 2019 at 12:11 AM
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  12. purpleganja

purpleganja Berserker

So, Is this some kind of placebo effect?
    If I think my build is good, I will have higher morale and play better thus making my build seem better than it really is.
    I will consider this when testing further!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice