Auto stacking of materials and items

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DiabloEscobar, Aug 18, 2019.

1. DiabloEscobar

DiabloEscobar Spearman

Every time i get something from either a mission, chest, mostly from workshops and event materials, etc, it goes in to an individual stack and requires manually going through each thing and stacking it.

i dont know if it was like that in the original but i cant remember if it was so annoying back then.

Rataheavy and Ardeshir like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Kenji03

Kenji03 Berserker

This is a good suggestion, but this is not an easy suggestion.

This would require some serious coding work, far beyond that of making a quest pack.

Still, I do agree that this is a BIG quality of life issue

Ardeshir likes this.
  4. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Did the original game have auto stacking?

Kenji03 likes this.
  5. Kenji03

Kenji03 Berserker

When I played it in 2013, it did not. I know someone else here said it did, but I remember it being outdated for an MMO even back then.

Ardeshir likes this.
  6. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

From: https://forums.projectceleste.com/threads/auto-stack-function-not-working-properly.3122/

Popped up in the similar threads section. I played in late 2011 and early 2012 and don't recall having it then. Maybe it came in a late patch, or was cut after being a alpha/beta feature, for whatever reason?

7. Kenji03

Kenji03 Berserker

So... 2 points to be discussed here.

1: Even if this was in the game before, it is not working now and would still need some actual coding from an experienced programmer to make it work.

2: The human memory is notoriously faulty. This is why eye-witness accounts can often be dismissed in a court of law. It is enitrely possible that the poster of that thread remembers games "of that era" having auto-stacking, and miss-remembered this game having it. Because of all the things the game used to have that had incomplete code, one would think that auto-stacking would be the first to "be fixed up" if any sort of basis existed at all. Which is why I am fairly certain it didn't exist in the original game.

Ardeshir likes this.
  8. Wololoo

Wololoo Champion

Sorry you are wrong, it did exist.
    I remember well dropping mats from vault to form full stacks then returning the full stacks to the vault.

Also the vault did not all jumble up when you changed civs.
    Items that were placed in it first stayed 1st , stored last stayed last etc.
    Lots easier to manage and find stuff then because you could keep it in any order you wanted.

#7 Wololoo, Aug 23, 2019 at 10:59 AM
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    Alzerus and Ardeshir like this.
  9. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Maybe a dev would know?

This is why I'm learning toward it existed only briefly and was cut completely, because one of the devs would've gone "damn that's a really useful QoL feature" and put it in by now if they saw it mostly finished in the resources :D

Perhaps it both did and didn't exist over the course of several years? I'm adamant it didn't in my time, but I did only play briefly shortly after release.

Wonder how hard this would be to fix. (Very I'd imagine!) Annoying trying to find things when you civswap lol

10. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Auto stack was a feature in the old game. It is on a to do list somewhere, but lower priority.

Alzerus and Ardeshir like this.
  11. Kenji03

Kenji03 Berserker

If it is written in C#, can I take a peak at the code?

Alzerus likes this.
  12. Alzerus

Alzerus Champion

I do also remember it auto stacking from the vault and the tidiness of the vault remaining the same in whatever fashion you left it when changing civs, Oh how I miss that...

Wololoo likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice