By PF2K on Aug 15, 2019 at 10:57 AM
  1. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

Header_-_Summer_Event.png
    Hello there Celeste players! The Summer Event is finally here.

Once you update your game, go to your Empire Store in your Capital City and find all the new quests for the event.

You can find every detail regarding what's new in the event in the attached graphics! We hope that you all have lots of fun playing with friends during the event. :)

So let's break down the details of the event in a question-based list:

1. How do I access the special event content?

How_To_Access_Rhakotis.png
    Rhakotis_World_Map.png
    2. What are the new contents available in the event?
    • New mini-game style Quests and a very difficult Legendary Quest, with awesome rewards.
    • New PvP Quests with HUGE rewards.
    • All-new Gear, Vanity Gear and Capital City decoration: The Summer Vanity Set and The Temple of Apophis Capital City building, entirely new and exclusive to Celeste.
    • All-new Region with an exclusive store: The City of Rhakotis

Vanity_Gear.png
    PvP_Quests.png
    Summer_Gear.png
    Main_Summer_QG.png
    Global_Quests.png
    Rhakotis_Store.png
    How_to_earn_Summer_Points.png

3. Where do I find the new Quests?
    In the City of Rhakotis.

==

4. Where can I get the new PvP Quests?
    Both in Sparta, and in the City of Rhakotis. (The Quests have two questgivers who will give you the same quest.)

==

5. Can I get every event Item playing only PvP or only PvE?
    Yes! Everything is obtainable by playing either mode.

(PF2K's Personal Note: Play PvP guys. PvP mode best mode!!!)

==

6. What are Summer Points, what can I get with them and where do I spend them?
    Summer Points are the special currency of the Summer Event. You can use them to buy Vanity Gear, Capital City Decoration, Consumables, in addition to an exclusive Gear - Ra's Wall Joints of the Solstice all at the City of Rhakotis Store.

==

7. What are the Global Quests?

They are quests that can be done in any game mode and inside any quest. They include, but are not limited to, the following types of quests:
    • Play Repeatable, Elite or Legendary Quests
    • Play Co-op Quests with your friends
    • Play PvP matches for a certain amount of time (Daily and Weekly Quests)
    • Hunt various animals in quests
    • Defeat special treasure guardians (Guardians of the Solstice)
    • Exchange materials for Summer Points
    ==

8. How long will the event last?

The Event is planned to be 5-weeks long. There has been a timer added to the sidebar on the Forums with a countdown, indicating how long you will have to play the Summer Event.

========================
    Thank you for reading, and we will see you all in the game soon!

Project Celeste Development Team

Project Celeste is completely free and always will be. However, we gladly accept donations for our overhead costs, which are larger than we have budgeted. If you want to support us, you can do so HERE.

Tell your friends! Join our Discord HERE.

========================​

VERY IMPORTANT: Creating additional accounts and multi-accounting is FORBIDDEN and will result in permanent bans for ALL OF YOUR ACCOUNTS, including your main account! One account per player only.

Let us know what you think about the event in the comments below!

#1 PF2K, Aug 15, 2019 at 10:57 AM
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    solar, AC/DC, Exclusive0r and 11 others like this.
  2. Loading...

?

What do you like most about the Summer Event? Choose your top 3!

1. Minigame Quests

17 vote(s)
    28.3%
  2. Legendary Quests

17 vote(s)
    28.3%
  3. Global Quests

12 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Event-exclusive Gear

37 vote(s)
    61.7%
  5. Vanity Gear

20 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. Capital City Decoration

13 vote(s)
    21.7%
  7. New Region

24 vote(s)
    40.0%
  8. PvP Quests

15 vote(s)
    25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by PF2K, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

First. Can I vote for pvp quests on their own? :D

Outdoing yourselves again folks! Amazing stuff to read up on. Can't wait to see it drop!

PF2K, WiriWout and Andy P XIII like this.
    2. Kenji03

Kenji03 Berserker

Thank you for including non-pvp methods of earning this.

I am one of those players that 100% does NOT enjoy PVP at all and appreciate a the method of playing without touching pvp

3. MsMuffins

MsMuffins Champion

Wow, so much stuff to play!, amazing! :) And awesome looking new gear!

Probably mostly looking forward to the mini quests and tough leg quest ^_^

Glad to have something to grind towards, keep me busy for awhile and I might... just might look at pvp depending on rewards ;)

MatrixSoft, PF2K and Kenji03 like this.
    4. WiriWout

WiriWout Moderator
      Staff Member Moderator

Hey man, there's really no need to emphasize everywhere how you do NOT like pvp (and so strongly too?). The PvP playerbase is a small fraction of the total playerbase, as the majority plays PvE because they do NOT like pvp.

unknown.png

Jeinx and PF2K like this.
    5. Kenji03

Kenji03 Berserker

I feel like this should have been a private/direct message. But seeing as you made it a point to publicly chastise me for my opinions, I feel I have to respond publicly as well.

Do you like being pressured into things? Do you like having the most efficient way to earn something being a method that is the opposite of enjoyable for you? Do you believe that the primary focus of development should be for a "small fraction of the total playerbase"?

The main dev team has the belief that a strong PVP community is reflective of how active and alive a game is, which is something many, Many, MANY games I loved that died also also believed.

Firefall, a MMOFPS killed itself by focusing so much of it's dev time on PVP, when less than 10% of the player base ever played it -- dooming that game. That MMOFPS, much like this MMORTS, attracts the PVE crowd far more than it does the PVP crowd. That is why an entire booster pack was devoted to coop missions, as well as an entire other booster pack devoted to Skirmish mode (vs AI instead of other players) which was (and still is) the most played mode for AOE2.

It isn't that I am not good at PVP, I played competitive Starcraft 1 for years. But I firmly believe that PVP development is being over emphasized when what will draw (and keep) AOEO players is not a thriving PVP community, but instead fun/rewarding/memorable coop PVE content.

AOEO has a serious edge over SC2's coop mode, and that is the major selling point. The ability to play fun and interesting missions with your friends, family, and even children (as my 7 year old can play and beat some of the coop missions in AOEO). Trying to compete with other RTS games on how perfectly balanced the PVP is, is not a good time investment -- in my opinion. It is to that end, that I want to voice how PVP is not my thing and how I APPRECIATE it when I can earn the same things as PVP players.

rodgerioush likes this.
    6. WiriWout

WiriWout Moderator
      Staff Member Moderator

I do not share your assumption about the beliefs on the development team. I believe they are well aware of the composition of the playerbase and are adapting the time they spend working on the game accordingly. But even if they were primarily and disproportionately working on PvP, there is really no need for this anti-pvp babble. All it does is create a divide between PvE and PvP players.

Jeinx and PF2K like this.
    7. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

We would never ever ever do an event without putting PvE first. PvP has zero rewards last Halloween and in winter, the dominant strategy still was to PvE.

Let’s say we ran an event where in 5 weeks of regular casual PvEing you could earn 15 legs. If you hate PvP, whether an equally engaged PvPer could earn only 5 legs is not an insult to PvP. And for the same reason if that PvPer could earn 25 legs it’s not an insult to PvE.

8. alemandela17

alemandela17 Spearman

I'm on it as soon I get home!
      (even if my wife starts complaining)

9. TheSpaniard

TheSpaniard Berserker

I, for one, appreciate the inclusion of PvP into the event because, as Andy mentioned, the previous events have appeared to be largely if not entirely PvE focused--which is, no doubt, the larger portion of the player base, so rightfully so, but us PvP peeps need some love too! So I definitely love the approach of giving the event both PvE and PvP elements. And I'm excited to see the "mini-game" quests! If they are similar to the ones in Babylon like wrecking the temples and whatnot, I will very much enjoy that; it's a shorter, entertaining PvE experience that doesn't take as much of a time commitment and understanding of the known strategies.

Once again, everyone working on Celeste blows me away! Y'all rock.

10. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
      Staff Member Moderator

The one thing we have to keep in mind is that AOEO being the gem it is, has many different aspects about it that draw many different types of players together. Their are certainly different parts of the game that I enjoy more than others, but they are all equally important, because they bring all of us together. Their are reasons that make this game my all time favorite, and having those aspects removed or deemed less important because they are not enjoyed my the majority would ruin the game for me. The same for any other feature that is not on my top list. They are equally important to me, because they represent some other players reasons to have passion about the game. I dont care if one aspect of the game is only enjoyed by two players, it's still important, because that is why they love the game. We all need each other.

11. TheSpaniard

TheSpaniard Berserker

Oh, and Kenji, you are right that most players play PvE and thus, to keep the game thriving, PvE should be developed. But I think both are absolutely critical because the PvP fraction also help promote the game, probably more so than the PvE crowd (at least publicly through streaming, tournaments, etc.). So both depend on each other and I think it's important that we stay united as one playerbase, not a PvP playerbase and a PvE playerbase. You're definitely right that players shouldn't feel forced to play a mode they don't enjoy, but I think most of the development from Celeste that I've seen has been PvE focused, right? I could be wrong.

But the bottom line is, both are equally important and I appreciate the development team giving love to both sides... really, it seems like they are developing the whole game in a very balanced way, which is amazing given how they're doing this on their own time.

And PvP and PvE players can both rejoice in...

THE ROMANS yeeee hawwwww

12. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
      Staff Member Moderator

Also, no one is pressuring anyone to PVP for this event, but I have to ask, are we pressuring our PVP players to play PVE? Have we in the past?
      The Celeste team are no different in regards to having different passions and reasons they love the game. I will tell you that it is really special when you have a developer that enjoys one aspect of the game, but spends countless hours of lost sleep, and real stress improving another, simply to improve this game for everyone.

rtsgamer, MatrixSoft, Alzerus and 2 others like this.
    13. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

Another thing to note is that there are tons of players who dabble in both PvE and PvP. Because PvP is dependent on somebody else also looking to PvP at the same time as you, it requires a certain threshold of active players in order to maintain critical mass. So lots of PvP players go to PvE when the queues have been slow.

We've seen before that when we dangle some PvP rewards, lots of people return and the PvP community quickly catches fire again.

If we run a limited time event and make it wildly easier for PvE to get the rewards compared to PvP, the PvP population will fail and everyone will just PvE.

14. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

I prefer PvP and helped designed the darn Halloween Event, so I cannot complain. But because of how we rewarded Zahhak's swords last fall, I basically quit PvPing to grind in PvE.

WiriWout likes this.
    15. TheSpaniard

TheSpaniard Berserker

Agreed, I do both too. I mainly consider myself a PvP player because that's what I prefer and enjoy the most (despite my mediocre-at-best ability), but I also (shamelessly) love the dang Capital City building/managing and enjoy dabbling in some PvE. Both are important! I think Kenji was just stating his appreciation for PvE content as a PvE player, which is definitely understood. :) But us PvP players are also thankful for the PvP content!

Again, y'all rock.

Also again... ROMANS

16. WiriWout

WiriWout Moderator
      Staff Member Moderator

I personally see a future for Project Celeste where there is a bit more inbetween PvP and PvE. Things such as PvP-like challenges against a computer player, requiring good micro or use of the counter system to complete, or a bit more competition between PvE players within the PvE domain. There is ground to be gained.

17. Aryzel

Aryzel Immortal

Awesome work all. On PVP/PVE ye seem to be striking a good proportionate balance and talking about it in sensible ways. More donations incoming, keep up the good work.

I loved AOEO when it was out and kept a copy of the game to hopefully crack one day so I could play. Came across Celeste a couple of years ago but didn't' have time to play, got back into it a few weeks ago and can say Celeste has exceeded my wildest hopes.

Alzerus, MsMuffins, WiriWout and 2 others like this.
    18. Alzerus

Alzerus Champion

This looks fantastic. My first event in AoEO and now I can't wait to get into the game later today and check all this out. Great work to all.

19. Greeky

Greeky Villager

I always liked vanity gear skins type thing.

MatrixSoft and Andy P XIII like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice