new legendary gear that still misses

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by PedroAlmeida72, Jun 29, 2018.

1. PedroAlmeida72

PedroAlmeida72 Woad Raider

The developers already created a lot of new and great legendary gear (the athens ones and a lot more), but there are still some old epic and rare gear that i think most of the players use and would like to see new legendary versions of them ( i also created a suggestion for their new names too, and can explain the meaning of each and everyone of them):

Runic Heavy Bronze Armoring --> Matet Heavy Armoring (Matet was the first of two boats traveled in by Ra);

Hull of the Leviathan --> Hadad remarkable Hull (Hadad was the demigod that killed leviathan);

Wall of the Titans --> Great Walls of Kronus (Cronus was one of the 1st 12 Titans);

Nectar Filled Water Barrel --> Highest book of the Merchants;

Druantia's True Oak Staff --> The staff of Gríðr
    (the staff that Grior gave to Thor wich saved his life);

Incribed Engineer's Staff --> Asclepius great staff (Asclepius was a hero and god of medicine in ancient Greek religion and mythology);

Hades Flaming Arrows --> exceptional swift arrows (the fastest arrows ever);

Hull of the Dolphin --> Grand Hull of the Whale;

Athena's Blessed Tunic of Defense --> Divine Tunic of Defense;

Telemachus' Slaying Spear --> Odysseus Life Spear;

Athena's Golden Gorget --> Athena's Divine Golden Gorget
    ;

Perseus' Horse Bow --> Andromeda Divine Horse Bow (Andromeda was the wife of Perseus);

King Minos' Radiant Shield --> Aegis Athena's Shield (Aegis was the name of the shield used by Athena and Zeus too);

Ancient Trojan Guard Chiton --> Woodsman Divine Tunic;

Bast's Bloodletter --> Sword of Attila (this was the legendary weapon carried by Attila the Hun);

If we had these, any advanced player could have the best items in the game (all legendary) equipped in their units, without having to have rares or epic ones.
    Hope you enjoy my suggestion.

#1 PedroAlmeida72, Jun 29, 2018 at 2:26 PM
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
    Suomak, Ardeshir, Exclusive0r and 3 others like this.
  2. Loading...

3. NCSGeek

NCSGeek Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I like the gear ideas here, especially the priest staff ^^

PedroAlmeida72 likes this.
  4. Chubz

Chubz Villager

It's an awsome idea. It feels kinda weird atm when the best items aren't legendary. I'd love to see how those would fit ingame.

5. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

There are some items on your list I can agree with, but some I can't. We have to be careful not to ruin crafting or make some of the really hard non level 40 gear (that really isn't "better" by many people's definition) and make its value plummet by creating a legendary version that is going to drop more often that the other. Also keep in mind we have to be careful to to make moes a thing of the past, which we already have for some levels of chests.

6. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

We also have to be careful not to ruin alliance gear advantages, if Alliances are ever implimented, we can't remove some of the perks that help a player make the decision on which to join.

7. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

In short the "best" items that are epic level 40, I think we would be fairly safe to replace, the hulls, the titan wall, water barrel (there are many more)

rtsgamer likes this.
  8. Leow193

Leow193 Woad Raider

Or we could make that the best versions already existing of these items are shown as Legendary gears

9. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

This "problem" if there would be any conflicts should be able to solve by adding more gear that gives back this advantages if the old advantage drown in new things - this would in the end become an even better end-result than if it never gets disturbed at all. At least there would be several levels with more items - and to me that is only positive.

Also if one thing the gear starts to become OP there is always the option to release more and harder maps - so there is a solve for most things. The later is requested now and then anyhow since to many all the Legendarys are easy maps.

Ardeshir likes this.
  10. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

We in the non-microsuck world call this content progression and ethical power creep :p

Except it IS better than the 40 option, which doesn't make any sense and is evidence Microsoft had no idea about how to create gear progression. Raising the gear ceiling at 40 means you can up the 40 gear floor and raise the pre-40 gear ceiling (and add new pre40 items). I don't see how this leaves Moe's worse off if the new gear is added to the loot tables for the chests.

#9 Ardeshir, May 8, 2019 at 7:15 AM
    Last edited: May 8, 2019
  11. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Take a look at items that were non level 40, that we replaced with legendary versions.
    Torc of the battle master was a very prized item and worth a lot. It's legendary counterpart "Divine torc" is a vendored legendary now, practically worthless unless it's max.
    Take a look at the Athena Javelin which was a very incredible find, and worth a ton, it's legendary counterpart "Neith's Blessed Javelin" I have a very nice boosted version on the GM that I can't sell. There are many, many more examples like this, if someone wants to list them all. But these old items for examale were items we used to moes for. Level 35 moes chests for a decent torc of the battle master, and level 30 moes chests for a decent Athena Javelin. No one is going to spend 100k in moes to find these now when they can get a legendary counterpart for 1k.

"Better" is in the eye of the beholder. Some folks would argue that for example a level 39 Athena Gorget is the best item for a hippikon, or elephant or so on, yet other players would not trade their boosted horse Armor of Sargon for one. While Athena Gorget has the highest "Damage" with a decent health stat, that does not mean it is by definition "better" Just that folks that prefer these specific stats on their unit would say so.
    As far as gear progression, who knows, maybe they didn't have a very good understanding at first? Idk. But they embraced it at some point. Take a look at Delos gear rarity and pricing. A hood that offers the most speed in the game, and it isn't even epic, it's rare, blue for goodness sakes. They must have known it would be highly prized, because it costs more than any epic or legendary piece in that store. o_O

Ardeshir likes this.
  12. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

So they understood value the gear would hold but not their own tiering system hmm lol. Spose it's also a mess making any changes with all the

Why not add these new items to the moes chests then, and remove the now least valuable drops from it and add them to a new/existing budget chest? As much as any addition of new, stronger gear is going to write-off all the value of the old BiS stuff, this way the original chest itself is still worth 100k, and players can still get the now-redundant pieces on the cheap.

#11 Ardeshir, May 11, 2019 at 4:37 PM
    Last edited: May 11, 2019
  13. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

A lot of doing and undoing. Just one of the reasons I say we should be careful to avoid gear issues that cause Shockwave though the whole game and creates new issues. We are doing a really good job of this these days though.

Ardeshir likes this.
  14. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Yep, there's been several content patches that have added gear at the top end without much trouble. I think it might be inevitable though, as the team eventually work through all adding all the possible legendary item/stat possibilities that don't destroy old chest reward values too much.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice