Celts in PvE

Discussion in 'PvE General Discussion' started by Oranges, Dec 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Oranges

Oranges Spearman

@Ryddag Are celts going to be buffed or not?, they kind of feel underpowered in PvE in my opinion.
    One of the things that has concerned me is that their greatest attribute, their infantry: falls a bit short compared to other civilizations, for example their champion is not very pop efficient compared to other infantry such as the norse berserker, and don't get me started with the champion champion upgrade.
    The second thing i think is wrong with them is their defense, they can only upgrade their walls one time, so they can't cope with most legendary units damage leading to them being 1 or 2 shotted.
    In behalf of their priests, druids are ok in my opinion, but augurs are awful in combat if you compare them with any other priest that costs 1 population since they have the lowest convertion rate and their upgrades only benefit their healing.
    Another thing that feels uninteresting is their siege, it falls a bit short , since stone throwers lack the range of palins which is a pretty important factor in PvE.
    Speaking of their cavalry, it is not that good compared to others such as the norse (note that both norse and celts aren't cavalry civs themselves). And carpentoms are nearly useless since, again, they lack range and health, which makes it almost impossible to inflict damage on the enemy.
    They have nice archers with a lot of range but with no bonus damage against infantry which kind of defeat the porpuse of archers being a direct counter to infantry.
    I could be writing much more stuff that makes celts "underpowered" in PvE but you should get where im going at this point, thanks for reading !​

2. Loading...

3. Ryddag

Ryddag Banned
    Banned

asianguy316 and Andy P XIII like this.
  4. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

nice appraisal .. Also their castles ... they are not much to shout about compared to Greeks ... but the Woad Raider is good , i see them struggling until Age IV ... but then they have a slim chance .. build those houses :)

and then their navy ... comapsred to all the others .. they have 1 ship and 1 upgrade

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice